N96070 PA-38 Tomahawk: CN & current reg??

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 10 months

Hi Folks,

I noted a Piper PA-38 Tomahawk at East Midlands back in 1979, with registration N96070, which must have been on a delivery flight to somewhere (in Europe?).

Can anyone help by letting me know what the construction number and subsequent registration were?

Thanks,
David

Original post

Member for

19 years 5 months

It's no longer listed by the FAA.

Member for

19 years

I don't think it stayed in the U.K. very long, my wild guess would be Spain, what's the prize?:D

Member for

17 years 10 months

Hi Newforest,

So do you know whether it is in Spain, or are you really guessing?

David

Member for

19 years

No, yes. I spent well over an hour looking at European registers without finding it. Of course it would only need one number to be misquoted for it to 'disappear' in the paper jungle. The guess of Spain is only because there are an awful lot of Tomahawks in EC.

Member for

17 years 6 months

Having had a chat with the Air-Britain Piper expert he informed me that NO Piper Tomahawk or any other Piper aircraft has ever carried this registration ,so i assume it must be a mispole.

G-ANPK

Member for

19 years

Having had a chat with the Air-Britain Piper expert he informed me that NO Piper Tomahawk or any other Piper aircraft has ever carried this registration ,so i assume it must be a mispole.

G-ANPK

Thanks NPK, that was going to be my next suggestion as I found that N96070 was a Fuji FA.200 c/n 218 registration G-BBGW which crashed in Switzerland on 16/7/81, so I was waiting for the original poster to 100% confirm the reg. or plane identity.:)

Member for

17 years 10 months

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

The aircraft was definitely a Piper Tomahawk, but perhaps I have made a mistake in my logging of its registration.

Is there any Tomahawk with a registration similar to N96070? Sometimes the letter D is painted like a zero. Could it be N9607D, or something similar?

Member for

18 years 11 months

N9607D is a Pa22

Gues you may have noted the type wrong.

Member for

19 years 5 months

A PA-22 is a Piper Tri-Pacer...not much chance in mistaking that for a Tomahawk....:D

Member for

17 years 6 months

The nearest reg`n for a Piper a/c is N96670 but that happend to be a PA.31
Do you have a photo ?? or a precise date for the siting

G-ANPK

Member for

19 years

My information is that N96670 is a J.3 probably still in Susquehanna, Pennsylvania!:)

Member for

17 years 6 months

Quote-: (Happened to be a PA.31)---Past tence PA.31 no longer current.

Member for

17 years 10 months

Hi Folks,

I saw it at EMA on 30 September 1979.

I don't have a photo - I didn't get a camera until 1985 (kicking myself now - could have got photos of lots of Viscounts, Argosies, Vanguards, Boeing 707s, etc).

Over to you...