Carnage at Old Buckenham

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

I see the recent winds sucked the hangar doors into the building writing off three aircraft and damaging quite a few more.

Auster Fan in particular might be sad to learn that G-NINB is now a non-flyable convertible. :(

Moggy

Original post

Member for

20 years 3 months

You ain't kidding! :( Thankfully, it appears that no people were hurt. Ihadn't planned to fly this weekend, due to other commitments. Probably just as well. No doubt I will get the full story when I go to OB next weekend.

Member for

17 years 6 months

Sad news.

I know of at least one owner of a tied-down aeroplane who spent a night or two sleeping by it!

There again - what could you do???? :confused:

Member for

24 years 2 months

I know an operator who in high winds used to park a double-decker windward of their aircraft.

The C152s were worringly a bumpin' and a wigglin' on Thursday. The Arrow's suspension I swear was deflecting up and down by at least 3 inches.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Interesting change of tune on the insurance issue between the printed article in the EDP and that on the website. Nice to hear they are covered.

Member for

18 years 6 months

Not good, I am sure that the owners took some comfort that they were safely enconsed in the hangar...

I was in a meeting on one of Norwich Union's new buildings that day, we watched bits of trim from the roof gently fluttering down into the car park.....:eek: