Chipmunk at Conington?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

When I turned up at Conington yesterday afternoon for my flight the place was heaving!
as I walked into the Crew-room I saw a Chippie taking off, mainly Red, with some Blue I think, but I didn't catch the reg,
I just wondered if it was any of the forumites practising their mountain flying over the fens? (we get some massive lenticulars building up from mole-hills:D )

Original post

Member for

20 years 3 months

There was an all red Chippie at Old Buckenham yesterday lunchtime, (WP903/G-BCGC I think), which left at some time around 1.30pm - could it have been that one? Old Buck was heaving too. By 2.00pm, there had been over 50 visitors.

Member for

18 years 6 months

Could have been, it was certainly more Red than the RAF colours, it took off at around 2:45 from Conington.
It was a lovely day, but very hazy once you got over 2000', a bit of a temperature inversion

Member for

20 years 3 months

Could have been, it was certainly more Red than the RAF colours, it took off at around 2:45 from Conington.
It was a lovely day, but very hazy once you got over 2000', a bit of a temperature inversion

I believe it was the one used by Prince Charles in the late 60s to train on, hence the colour scheme (if indeed we are talking about the same machine that I saw!!).

Member for

18 years 6 months

I believe it was the one used by Prince Charles in the late 60s to train on, hence the colour scheme (if indeed we are talking about the same machine that I saw!!).

That rings kinda true, I vaguely remember the colouration of that, and this one was mainly Red with some Blue patches.

Completely off thread, I downloaded Christmas snaps tonight and amongst them was this photo my 6 year old daughter took of my (t)rusty steed just before Christmas which has a lovely atmosphere to it.....

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p219/atkinsjs/KittensFish017.jpg

Member for

20 years 11 months

There was an all red Chippie at Old Buckenham yesterday lunchtime, (WP903/G-BCGC I think), which left at some time around 1.30pm - could it have been that one? Old Buck was heaving too. By 2.00pm, there had been over 50 visitors.

I have had the pleasure of flying G-BCGC which is indeed all red and was once used by Prince Charles. Currently based at the excellent Henlow Flying Club.

Member for

18 years 6 months

Took my daughter for lunch at Conington yesterday and this beauty arrived, Unfortunatley I didn't get chance to talk to the crew, thery were deep in conversation with Gavin when I had to leave.
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p219/atkinsjs/FishAirfield072.jpg

Member for

20 years 3 months

Took my daughter for lunch at Conington yesterday and this beauty arrived, Unfortunatley I didn't get chance to talk to the crew, thery were deep in conversation with Gavin when I had to leave.

I think that is the Chippie that Janie flies(?)

Member for

18 years 6 months

It was a Man and a woman that arrived in it, one of the fastest bits of parking I have seeen in a while:D

Member for

20 years

Will you be at Conington on the 11th?
I only ask as the VAC will be there and I'll be arm waving (all being well) and it'd be nice to say hello.
Gary

Member for

18 years 6 months

I did mention it to my wife, she got excited that I had suggested a Valentine's day out, less so when I explained what it was.;)

I will certainly try and pop in, it'll be good to meet up with some forumites!

I had it in my head that it was the 12th, so will check the calendar tonight and make sure that Senior Management hasn't booked me elsewhere.

Member for

20 years

My other half was dragged along to one :o - not super impressed because of the weather and lack of things to look at.:rolleyes:
The 11th is the Sunday...
Hope to see you there.
Gary

Member for

24 years 2 months

Google the Chip's reg for a great photo :)

Member for

18 years 6 months

There are lots of good photos of it on Google, obviously a popular machine!

Member for

20 years 3 months

There are lots of good photos of it on Google, obviously a popular machine!

Popular pilot................?

Member for

20 years 7 months

Wow! I didn't notice this thread expanding. I'd never even done a Google search on my own reg. And I thought I had slipped into Dunkeswell completely unnoticed last year! :rolleyes:

If anyone fancies a challenge, I'm out and about in the old girl tomorrow, but I cannot decide where to go. If anyone can come up with a good, practical suggestion before 8.45am tomorrow, I'll get down there.

It's a bit of a tall order, but what the hey!

Member for

18 years 6 months

Sorry I didn't see this last night, but I didn't see you at Conington today so you must have picked somewhere else if you managed to de-ice in time!

Member for

20 years 3 months

Wow! I didn't notice this thread expanding. I'd never even done a Google search on my own reg. And I thought I had slipped into Dunkeswell completely unnoticed last year! :rolleyes:

If anyone fancies a challenge, I'm out and about in the old girl tomorrow, but I cannot decide where to go. If anyone can come up with a good, practical suggestion before 8.45am tomorrow, I'll get down there.

It's a bit of a tall order, but what the hey!

Too late this time, but Old Buckenham is always nice. Last time there was a bright sunny day, as it is in Norfolk today, they had 50+ visitors. If you're there at the same time as me, whenever that may be, I'll even buy you a coffee! Yes - I know, my generosity exceeds my beauty! Maybe meet Moggy there as well, although his steed is grounded presently.

Member for

20 years 7 months

I was at Connington on Thurs (2 days ago). Sorry I missed you. There is an extremely good chance you will see me and/or the Chip quite often as I find the fuel pumps rather alluring.

It was an utterly gorgeous day for flying today. Anyone who has an aeroplane and wasn't flying needs to be in a straight jacket.

Member for

20 years 6 months

I was flying Janie, and expected to meet you. What happened? :p

Member for

20 years 7 months

I'm not sure whether Jorgo was excited, scared or just mental. Suffice to say, whatever emotion it was, it was only half of what I was experiencing.

Attachments