Todays Pilot Fly-In at Tollerton

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 1 month

Just a quick note to thank Steve and his team for a very pleasant day on Sunday. Unfortunately due to grandparent duties I couldn't stay long but I enjoyed the atmosphere while I was there. BTW Moggie I met your hangar mate with the Jodel 120, very pleasant chap.
However, much as I would hate to criticise fellow pilots I would like to comment on a couple of incidents which I felt were out of place on a day such as this. First was the purple R44 which hovertaxiied at about 10 feet down the two front rows of aircraft spreading dust and grit in it's path. The other was the white Stearman which made a high power and very noisy takeoff. It then climbed steeply in to the overhead and looked as though it was going to collect an incoming motorglider. It wasn't just me that commented on this. I suppose it was display-itis but it was rather dodgy. What was the final count of visitors just out of interest?

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

BTW Moggie I met your hangar mate with the Jodel 120, very pleasant chap.

Larry D'eath?

Excellent bloke indeed.

Moggy

Member for

21 years 1 month

Ozplane,

Thanks for calling in, it was much appreciated.

The final count was 107 visitors with around 15 making it in on Saturday night for the party.

Thanks to everyone who made the event a success, especially the volunteers without whom we could not operate.

Cheers

Steve