Bizzare Plane

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 9 months

Hey,

Went to the airport today and spotted this bizarre little thing...

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8321/weirdum6.jpg

Anyone have any info on it??

Thanks,
Rich

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

It looks very much like a Velocity, similar to one a friend of mine was building in Cannes a few years ago. I later visited Oshkosh and was told that he had been there (flown across from France) but had just left to go back again!

Member for

18 years 7 months

Tis a Defiant originally built by Don Foreman. Was at Kemble last week. Now based at "Staverton"

Member for

18 years 9 months

It's not bizarre, in my opinion it looks great ;) and fast

Member for

17 years 9 months

It's not bizarre, in my opinion it looks great ;) and fast

Lol...I guess, but it is still the only aircraft I have seen withough a tail plane ;)

Member for

20 years 1 month

Never seen a Vari-Eze?
They are all over the place nowadays!

Member for

18 years 2 months

never flown in a varieze, but it is a canard and supposedly impossible to stall

Member for

24 years 3 months

I've flown a mates Varieze. It was lovely as long as you were prepared to never consider shortish grass runways again. It was the first of 3 sidestick aircraft that I've ended up doing a lot of my flying in.

never flown in a varieze, but it is a canard and supposedly impossible to stall

Experimented with in the Mig-8. The idea is that the canard is designed to stall before the main wing stalls. Providing a lifting force forward when the canard stalls the nose drops which increases speed and prevents the main wing from stalling. The result is that as the aircraft approaches a serious stall that will cause the aircraft to depart from controlled flight (ie a main wing stall) the canard will stall first and drop the nose and the aircraft should recover... or hit the ground if too low...