The Flight of The Mew Gull

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 8 months

Well, I wonder how many of you will respond to this thread. I cannot profess to being a serious aviation enthusiast. However over the past few months, my research for a television drama series that I am writing, has led me to become at the least nostalgic for and at best almost passionate for the heyday of the great air races of the 1930s.

My research of the Castle Bromwich aeroplane factory put me in touch with The curator of The Alex Henshaw archive at Hendon, Daniel Scott-Davies and in turn to the great man himself. I am honoured to count this remarkable legend of flying and a wonderful Englishman, as my newest friend.

I am fairly convinced that there will be a massive amount of interest in my next project, which is to make the movie version of Alex marvelous Book "The Flight of The Mew Gull",and he has granted me permission to proceed.

Please check out my website. I'm not a crank, this is 100% genuine and I'd love to hear the thoughts of as many of you as possible. I suspect that this will be of interest to people who don't normally look in the historic forums, so perhaps some of you may like to draw your friends attention to this posting and my website

www.carvery.zoomshare.com

[email]carvery@zoomshare.com[/email]

cheers
Jon better known on the web as Brumbear
Edit/Delete Message

Original post

Member for

20 years

If you can capture the atmosphere in the book it should be good.

Member for

17 years 8 months

Hi arm waver. The same thread is running elsewhere on these boards and I've had a great response. Thanks for yours.
You've hit the nail right on the head though. It is a very atmospheric book, written by the most passionate Englishman that I have ever known. The director that I have in mind LOVES the subject.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Go for it! I'll echo AW's sentiment. Has to be one of the best books I've ever read.