Just supposing...

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 3 months

... there were to be a fly-in organised, for regular contributors to this board, how many would actually be able to fly-in on their own licence? A show of hands perhaps?

Original post

Member for

20 years 3 months

Depends where it was, but I'd be there..

Ewan H
CPL/IR, DA, Cpl ATC (retd)

PS I take it from the lack of response so far that:

a) all the proper pilots are doing something productive, like work, or

b) me and Trinny are the only ones who want to go to a fly-in....?

Member for

18 years 7 months

I have a Licence, just a slight 16 year gap in currency which I hope to remedy during this year. ;)

So in pure technical terms, If I were to fly in with an instructor, I would officially be on my own licence.......but in the spirit of what you are asking, noooo :(

Member for

20 years 4 months

Maybe in a year or so...........

Member for

19 years 6 months

Depends where but I'd be up for it, could also come along with anywhere between 2 and 4 other aircraft.

Member for

20 years 4 months

I could

So could quite a few of the people that just lurk over on historic.

Member for

20 years 1 month

In theory yes, but one does not generally mix with the, ahem, more 'spammy' end of the GA spectrum.

Could you arrange a roped-off enclosure where the more exclusive aviators and their aerial carriages might assemble?

Member for

20 years 1 month

I'd be there but I must take objection to Propstrike's reference to the "spammy" end of the GA spectrum. Just for reference, what do you fly Propstrike? Not all of us are wealthy or daft/clever enough to fly historic aircraft and I would have thought that anybody who could bring along a set of wings would be welcome. No wonder the authorities drive a wedge in to GA with that sort of divide and rule attitude.

Member for

19 years 3 months

It is as I feared. Not many pilots out there and those that are there would rather fight.

Am I wrong?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Again depending on where and when it was I may also fly in. I could even bring a tin of spam along as well if required.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Oh and yes, for once I have been working today hence my lack of reply earlier.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Crikey, I wasn't serious you know!

I fly an ever-so-humble J-3, which is pretty much the cheapest way for 2 people to get in the air, apart from microlights, and I have tried them too. I have plenty of 'spam' time under my belt, and have enjoyed it all.

Name the venue, and I will be there like a (slow) shot.

Member for

24 years 3 months

...unfortunately need approx 3000m of perfect tarmac these days. Give me a Cub anyday!

Member for

21 years

Yes, I'd be there.....can't think of any clever remark to go with this...fly vintage and spam, nose and tail (not together), not rich or smug, just glad to get into the air now and then.

Member for

24 years 3 months

... there were to be a fly-in organised, for regular contributors to this board, how many would actually be able to fly-in on their own licence? A show of hands perhaps?

I might just be able to struggle along to one as long as you promise not to grope my bosom :eek:

Moggy

Member for

20 years 8 months

/me sticks up hand

Member for

20 years 4 months

Am I wrong?

Probably, what's the subject?

Member for

19 years 7 months

Yes, I'd be there.....can't think of any clever remark to go with this...fly vintage and spam, nose and tail (not together), not rich or smug, just glad to get into the air now and then.

Couldn't have put it better myself so I thought I'd just pinch your wording!

Gromit.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I'm a humble PPL. The Bulldog's a possibility for Leicester.

YR

Member for

18 years 9 months

My hands up. And it would be in a spamcan. Just don't know which one (oh, so spoilt for choice - a tatty PA 28, or a new-build 172, or a...). Would there be a bar????

Member for

20 years 8 months

I could fly in, if I wanted to. :D