Leicester Saturday 21/1/06

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

A few photos taken on a gloriously sunny but chilly day at Leicester. Loadsa movements all day, here are a few photos.

Neal

Original post

Member for

21 years

Nice Picture Neil. Thanks

Loadsa movements all day,

Pity the same could not be said for Turweston where they were having to turn people away because of the planning restrictions. :mad:

Member for

24 years 2 months

Great pics
Neal is that first pitts G flik? or something similar? - its just brought some memories back of seeing- what could be the same aircraft- at Leic at one of the airshows years ago?.

Have not been down to Leic for ages - since a trial flight about 8 years ago. Great place. No excuse as Im only 20 mins away!

I new a guy who helped a chap build an Evans V2? (two seat VW engine) - He based it at Leic and I went to see the first flight - piloted my Mr Skybolt!.

I wonder if that Evans is still around - it was painted as an eagle

The owner/builder also took me and my Dad up in a 172 for our very first flight - the day before my geography O level exam!! - weird how things like that stick in your mind!

I must try and get down to Leic this year for a looksy!

Rich

Member for

24 years 2 months

Cheers.
richb,Yep the first Pitts is G-FLIK.

The number of times I've been to Leicester and this was the first time I've seen FLIK fly.

Neal

Member for

19 years 4 months

You're just there at the wrong time of day, Neal.

KM

Member for

24 years 2 months

You're just there at the wrong time of day, Neal.

KM

Do you mean the wrong time of day to see FLIK fly?

Probably.

Neal

Member for

18 years 8 months

Rich,

I saw that Evans VP2 at Thruxton a couple of years ago, without the feathers though!

KZ8

Member for

20 years 4 months

Mention of the Purple Parrot VP2 brought back easily forgettable memories. One of my least favourite aeroplanes though the VP1 was quite pleasant. Its one and only cross country to Tollerton was eventful in that engine problems caused the pilot to do a forced landing on the dual carriageway A46 on the return flight. Then parked in a layby to await ground transportation for both pilot and aircraft. The local constabulary were quite amused.
Cheers,
Trapper 69

Member for

24 years 2 months

had not heard about that !- I did hear that you nearly get gased on the first flight (from the design of the exhaust pipes which focused the exhaust straight into the cockpit)? or was that a myth?

rich

Member for

20 years 4 months

richB,
Absolutely correct. I learned about test flying from that one.
Cheers,
Trapper 69