Weekend Weather Forecast

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 2 months

Hello,

Changes taking place in the weather setup over the coming 5 days or so. Cold air that has "hugged" the pole over the past few weeks wil slip westwards. A split in low pressure crossing the east Atlantic will send a piece into the Mediterranean, building pressures through the UK and Ireland and bringing cooler westerly winds. How cold and for how long, I'm not sure!

If you need us over the weekend, the numbers are 090 666 444 80 at £1.50 per minute or 01902 895252 to pay by credit card for a forecast.

Have a good one,
Simon

Simon Keeling

WEEKEND WEATHER FORECAST
====================
Issued: 1300 Thursday 19th January 2006

FRIDAY (see http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack0a.gif)
An active cold front slipping southeast through the course of the morning, clearing Kent by 10am in the morning. Low pressure to the north of Scotland will allow troughs to move eastwards through Scotland. The flow will be mainly west to northwesterly. Pressure building south of Ireland.
Heavy rain and gusty winds, associated with the front will clear southeastern England by mid morning. Following will be brighter conditions, although a few showers in the afternoon. Most of the showers for western coasts areas, with heavy and frequent showers over north and west Scotland (snow on hills).
Winds becoming W 15-20kt (F6) but 30-40kt (F8) in north and west Scotland.

SATURDAY (see http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack1a.gif)
High pressure continuing to build to the south of Ireland through the day. A ridge builds over most of the UK and Ireland. Warm fronts moving into western Ireland in the afternoon, with a further warm front affecting northwest Scotland throughout.
Low cloud and drizzle for many western coasts of Ireland and the west of Scotland. Mist and fog on these coasts too, this lasting throughout the day.
Eastern coasts of England may have a few showers. For southern Ireland, Wales and western England there may be some morning mist and fog patches. These clearing to leave a mainly fair day.
Winds will be mainly NW 10-14kt (F3-F4) lighter in the west. Becoming SW 10-15kt (F3-F4) in the west of Ireland and Scotland.

SUNDAY (see http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack2a.gif)
Ridge persists over southern parts of England throughout the day. A weak series of fronts affecting Scotland.
Variable cloud amounts and some morning mist and fog patches for England and Wales. Little change through the day although the mist clearing to leave a dry day with a few brighter spells.
Thicker cloud for Scotland bringing some outbreaks of rain and drizzle, most of this to the west.
Winds will be Mainly S-SE 5-10kt (F2-F3) in the south, SW 15-18kt (F5) in the north.

**ends**

Original post

Member for

20 years 3 months

Mods - is this allowed? Obviously useful info if you are a pilot etc, but it appears at first glance to be advertising? Happy to be told I am wrong.

Member for

19 years 2 months

Yep, but its pretty useful stuff.

I'll still be checking my F215 etc., (not to mention the windsock!) before getting the aeroplane out though!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Mods - is this allowed? Obviously useful info if you are a pilot etc, but it appears at first glance to be advertising? Happy to be told I am wrong.

Simon contributes valuable information for GA pilots at no cost to them on other fora.

I'm selfishly very happy to see his input here, and extend a warm welcome to him. I think you will also find that he's very willing to answer the sort of questions that puzzle a student pilot faced with a looming met exam, (or incomplete knowledge afterwards)

Cheers

Member for

24 years 2 months

That chap off the telly also contributes weather content to Todays Pilot. I think there won't be a problem from Key's perspective.

Member for

18 years 8 months

Weatherman, many thanks for the info. Relevant and worthwhile. Happy landings this weekend people.

Member for

20 years 3 months

Sorry - not trying to stir up trouble, just asking the question. Apologies for any offence caused.

Member for

19 years 2 months

Thanks for the free sample Weatherman.

If I may though, I'd like to ask a question. You issue forecasts such as the one above with Pilots in mind, but if I put aside your generosity in providing it free here, what does it actually tell me?

There is not a lot in these forecasts (with the exception of the units you use) that is actually aviation-oriented, and nothing of substance which will in any way influence a flying decision - they are far too generic. I will still end up having to use the "proper" weather sites to give me a true "Pilot's" view.

Does that undermine your value proposition?

Member for

19 years 2 months

What Trinnie really mean is "What Should She Wear"?

Is it take a coat, or just a cardie!

Sorry Trinnie, couldn't resist it! :diablo:

Member for

24 years 2 months

Sorry - not trying to stir up trouble, just asking the question. Apologies for any offence caused.

Not at all. The question had to be raised with the Webbie anyway. :)

Member for

19 years 2 months

Looks like Weatherman was more interested in posting an advert than in participating...

Member for

19 years 2 months

Don't worry Trinnie, looks like its definitely 'coat' weather for this weekend!

Member for

19 years 2 months

I'll be flying tomorrow, and I agree, coat and gloves, but otherwise very VMC down here in the South East.