The Cloud Appreciation Society

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 8 months

I am a proud member of the Cloud Appreciation Society. Aren't clouds wonderful? So long as they are located in the right place at the right time, of course. If you love clouds as much as I do, why not join?

Have a look here http://www.cloudappreciationsociety.org/

Membership is just [SIZE=5]£1.70![/SIZE] (plus 30p postage in the UK)

In case you are wondering, I'm just an enthusiastic member. This is not my baby, so it's not advertising for gain.

Attachments
Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Nice link. There are few things more enjoyable than flying round big, fluffy clouds!

Many years ago I designed a 'Clouds' poster for Air BP, which was given away in Flyer magazine. I think it's still around, having been through as many incarnations as Doctor Who.

Attached are some clouds taken from just under 3000 feet a few years ago on my birthday in mid-December on the top of Great Gable. The crosses and poppies were there because there is a war memorial on the summit and they have a service on Remebrance Sunday.

It was a beautiful clear day, then cloud started drifting in at about 2000 feet, gently flowing around the mountains until there was a solid layer stretching to the Pennines, with the tops poking through. A truly classic day for cloud spotters!

YR

Attachments

Member for

20 years 8 months

Yakrider: I still have that poster. Did you get a credit on it? It spent many years on my wall, but is now in very expensive storage in Harlow. I'll accept the highest bid for it!

Member for

20 years 7 months

That poster's been pinned to my wall for ages. I might even look at it one of these days!

Member for

18 years 7 months

Not strictly GA, but 2 of my favourite cloud photos, firstly some good ole' british heavy metal under a leaden sky, taken in the early '80s, either at RAF Wyton or Greenham Common airshow (probably latter)
Second is the Severn Bridge (original one) taken from a Wessex as we did our overnighter to Culdrose via Chivenor from Shawbury, probably counts as fog more than cloud....

Member for

20 years 8 months

Today: Friday 27 Jan 2006 The Times newspaper P3 has a full page article on the Cloud Appreciation Society and a wonderful picutre of some mama cloud, which you virtually never see in England.

Go have a peek in your newsagents.

Member for

19 years 2 months

Today: Friday 27 Jan 2006 The Times newspaper P3 has a full page article on the Cloud Appreciation Society and a wonderful picutre of some mama cloud, which you virtually never see in England.

Go have a peek in your newsagents.

or....http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2011699,00.html

Member for

20 years 8 months

Cheers GASML. That is much appreciated.

Let's pray for a decent temperature to dewpoint spread this weekend.

I wonder how long it will be before dewpoints are introduced to the general public in the UK as the are in the US? We had a weatherman lurking on the forum last week. I wonder if he is about for comment.

Member for

18 years 3 months

Be great to see dewpoints in UK forecasts wouldn't it? But I wouldn't hold your breath...

Simon