Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's in a noise?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GHOUL
    • Dec 2005

What's in a noise?

Hello

Ive a general aviation question that Id like answered: lately, Ive been hearing a rather strange (to me) aircraft fly over; I am located under a busy air corridor, civilian and military. The sound wasdisconcerting (see: way cool!) the first time I heard it: a LOUD, ear-splitting mechanical whine that QUICKLY tapered off to a distant rumble; now, it sounded nothing like a normal commercial prop or jet that constantly fly over my house (small to big; low to high ceiling), or any of the military craft that Ive heard (F-111 subsonic and supersonic; F/A-18, et cetera.). O! No visual sighting.... Any ideas?

Regards
    Daniel
  • Moggy C
    • Jan 2000

Sounds very much to me like the howl generated by the big USAF transports, particularly the C5 Galaxy.

Moggy
    "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

• wessex boy
      Talking Baggage
      • Aug 2005

Where are you located?
      J Atkins - A PPL once More!

Are you an Aero-ist? Then fly with style at www.aero-ist.co.uk

Comment

• Chipmunk Carol
        Surly bond slipper
        • Aug 2003

Welcome to the forum GHOUL.

Is it just a noise you are hearing or a change in the noise. If you are located close by an airport or holding point, then you'll be hearing the change in the power setting of engines.

You don't happen to own G-HOUL do you?
        de Havilland forever!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
        X