Qualifying Cross Country

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hi all

Just to update you on my PPL progress i did my qualifying cross country yesterday (sat 12th).

Leicester to Gamston, Gamston to Cambridge, Cambs to Leics.

A good flight without any hitches.

Returned to Leicester to see a silver Chipmunk gleaming in the sunshine, good to see you again Janie. I wish I had my camera on me as you departed, the Chipmunk looked fantastic in that low sunlight.

Neal :D

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Well done.

Just the test to do then?

Moggy

Member for

19 years 8 months

Well done Neal h , this weekens has been a corker for flying, how did you cope with all the traffic, there seemed to be aircraft everywhere!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Cheers both

The weekend certainly was a corker, I didn't want to come down. The traffic was ok, very busy on the radio in the Waddington zone though.

Neal

Member for

18 years 7 months

congratulations, were you allowed to use the main runway at Cambridge?

I flew Norwich-Cambridge-Ipswich-Norwich on my X country (July '86!) and was the first time that I had flown a 172 solo (always with pax in the back before) so I floated the entire length of Cambridge runway before it touched down...made up for it at Ipswich by just kissing the cranes at the docks and stopping before the intersection!

Wall-wall A10 Warthogs in those days, Bentwaters was paranoid after one knocked a Cessna down in '85

Member for

19 years 2 months

Nice one Neal !

It was perfect flying weather - so long as you had a heater.....or an enclosed cockpit

I had neither!! Still great flying weather though!!

Member for

20 years 8 months

Returned to Leicester to see a silver Chipmunk gleaming in the sunshine, good to see you again Janie. I wish I had my camera on me as you departed, the Chipmunk looked fantastic in that low sunlight.
Thanks. Good to see you too. Sorry it was a "flying" visit and I didn't have time to chat longer. Racing the sunset certainly keeps the adrenaline going.

Folks - you should have seen the size of his smile after his QXC. I wish I had brought my camera to capture it in the low sunlight!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Cheers all. Yeah, runway 23 at Cambridge.

Folks - you should have seen the size of his smile after his QXC. I wish I had brought my camera to capture it in the low sunlight!

You would of needed a wide angle lens.

Neal