Your Help Required for Wellesbourne

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

I received this letter today (click link). Have you ever used Wellesbourne? If so, please consider its contents and write to Stratford District Council.

Thanks

Neil Gascoigne

Original post

Member for

20 years 4 months

Neil, never been in there myself but I will endeavour to work a letter anyhow.

Melvyn

Member for

24 years 3 months

Don't let on about that first bit. ;)

P.S. Your 57p may be returned before Autumn

Member for

20 years 2 months

Wellesbourne

I am starting my letter as soon as I have posted this. The management have spent a lot of money improving the airfield and they deserve all the support we can give. I must declare a personal interest as I spend one day a month doing A/G in the tower there, but that is by the way.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hi Malcolm, I might pop over and look at the plans Mick has. Are you working tomorrow, or is the lovely Ray? :)

Member for

20 years 2 months

Wellesbourne

Sorry, it's Ray. I just do the occasional week-day. Although I have held a FISO licence I don't meet the medical standards and the CAA prefer to have FISOs on at busy times.

Member for

19 years 5 months

I hold Wellesbourne dear in my heart because it was my first stop on my qualifying cross country. A brilliant airfield with friendly people and a good breakfast - they were even nice to me when I didn't know where to taxy!

Have tried to read your letter but it comes out really small and blurry, can anyone tell me the gist of what it is they want to build so I can knock out a letter this afternoon?

Thanks x

Member for

24 years 3 months

It is likely that your browser has adjusted the image to fit the window? Are you using Internet Explorer? If so, hold your mouse over the image for 2 seconds, then click the icon with 4 outward arrows in the bottom right-hand corner.

Not blonde are you? :p

Member for

20 years 8 months

lol

I shall send a letter off this week Neil
Every time I plan a flight to Wellsbourne my flight gets cancelled :( damn weather

Member for

19 years 5 months

I am actually!

I'm the one on the left by the way!

Attachments

Member for

19 years 5 months

That arrow thingy worked Blue Robin - I am writing as we speak!

Member for

20 years 8 months

Hey not bad looking at all, the one on the left aint bad either :p

Member for

19 years 5 months

Hey not bad looking at all, the one on the left aint bad either :p

Cheeky!
Letter is done and shall be in the post box when I drive back up north tonight. I hope I wrote the right thing!

FCx

Member for

19 years 2 months

Another letter is on the way too. Might be worth letting Jeremy Davey know too. He runs the PFA CAN online lobbying programme. Please PM me if you need his e-mail address

Member for

24 years 3 months

Guys and girls, if you're at Wellesbourne this week I urge you to dive into the airfield manager's office, near the museum, and take a look at the plans on his wall. Alternatively they are displayed in Council office in Stratford.

For those that can't, I have conceptualised the approximate location on Wellesbourne's AIP plate. I should add exact location may be off as is scale.

Here is the file: http://www.bluerobin.flyer.co.uk/egbwconcept.jpg (look for the two black blobs on the NE of the field).

The basic details are as follows. The plan shows two warehouse units. Number 1 is 9200 sq metres whilst number 2 is 4500 sq metres. Each will be used for lorry distribution having 10 and 6 bays respectively. This is a prime location being located next to a main road with the Fosse a short drive ot the south and the A46/M40 a few miles to the north. The development will be 15 metres high and displaced 300 metres from the already displaced 23 threshold.

The worry of course for pilots is safety. With a building that high it is conceivably like Coventry that a warehouse development such as this will effectively shut the runway for good. This then makes a further flight safety issue by only having 18/36 available. Not good for taildragging and moreso "interesting" for students at a busy fixed-wing training airfield. This may also have an impact on the airfield business...

As for the locals, right across the road is Wellesbourne itself. With 16 bays, that's a lot of traffic therefore pollution and noise.

I think the meeting is next week. More information when I hear of it.

Member for

19 years

I have started to learn to fly a Wellesbourne and i think that this will definatly affect all aspects of the airfield. Hope this doesn't go as planned...

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hi all, you may recall me posting a request for letters following the application for two adjoining warehouses. This application has been withdrawn. However a second application has been submitted and your help is again requested... Here's the letter from the owner of my club:

"Dear Member

You may recall me writing to you regarding the proposed planning application submitted by Astral Developments for a warehouse-like construction on the airfield close to runway 05/23. My thanks to all of you who wrote in and objected to this, I know there were quite a few. Astral have now dropped this application.

However a new one has been submitted, essentially the same plans as before but with a reduction in the height of the building from 15 metres to 12.
They have also radically redesigned the roof. The new plans are designed to allay any fears that we may have regarding the safe operations of runway 05/23, however, they make little or no difference to our original objections. Indeed, it is quite possible that the new roof design will make matters worse with regard to wind vortices and turbulence.

Plans can be viewed in the airfield manager’s office.

It is obvious that Astral Developments are not going to let this drop. Our original concerns still stand, this will affect safe operations at Wellesbourne and may ultimately close the runway.

Therefore, we need to write again. The original letters will no longer count against this new proposal and it is vital that we voice our concerns once more. Letters should be sent by 25 October 2005 to:

Les Greenwood
Stratford Upon Avon District Council
Elizabeth House
Church Street
Stratford upon Avon
CV37 6HX

Or email to [email]les.greenwood@stratford-dc.gov.uk[/email]

Quote reference 05/02845/FUL Land in North East Sector of Wellesbourne Mountford Aerodrome

As pilots, I know you will realise the importance of resisting these developments and I urge you to express your concerns once again, in the strongest terms.

Peter Newbold"