Sandown - Monday Bank Holiday - Go!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 7 months

Somebody is spending money on aviation and I think we should all show our appreciation.

There is a new restaurant at Sandown on the Isle of Wight and the 'Grand Opening' is on Monday.

There is a "Free Fly In", so I think we should all get down there.

The following details are taken from Pirate magazine:

Tel: 01983 404835 / 01983 760944
[email]office@isleofwightairport.co.uk[/email]
www.isleofwightairport.co.uk

Original post

Member for

19 years 6 months

Wonderful Sandown!

Sandown has long been a favourite destination of mine. Always a friendly reception and an interesting mix of aircraft types and aviators.

The new management are making a huge effort with the new building and improvements to runway drainage etc. so, Janie, I thoroughly agree - let's all head for Sandown on Monday and show that we appreciate their hard work!

I have arranged, subject to weather, for three aircraft to head down from Thruxton - I'll look out for a certain Chipmunk when I arrive...

Attachments

Member for

20 years 7 months

The Chipmunk is unserviceable at the moment. I'm not sure if it will be ready for Monday. I may need to resort to begging.

Member for

19 years 6 months

Begging...

Janie,

I'm afraid that all of our available seats are spoken for (make up your own jokes...) but good luck with blagging a ride!

Member for

20 years 3 months

The Chipmunk is unserviceable at the moment. I'm not sure if it will be ready for Monday. I may need to resort to begging.

And you are very, very good at that!

I may be there, it depends whether Russ Williams, the man from the wonderful Williams Aircraft Collection and website (and the man that posted the entire Warner Scarab manual on the 'net) should be coming down so I may go with him.

Melvyn

Member for

20 years 7 months

And you are very, very good at that!
I'd love to know on what incident that statement is based!

Member for

20 years 7 months

awww just a little too early, flying centre is shut on bank holidays, so Im off to Bembridge on Tues, maybe next time :)