Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

small aircraft enquiry

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rob Jack
    • Oct 2018

small aircraft enquiry

Hi all. Firstly thanks to admin for adding me to the forum and hopefully I've put this in the right section. I'm not an aircraft enthusiast but I am struggling with a problem and hopefully someone here may be able to help or at least point me in the right direction.
    Im a fireman for greater Manchester and being stationed near a City airport formerly known as Barton aerodrome we have been involved in a few incidents involving small aircraft. Lately we did a training exercise with the airport crew and one of the problems that came up was we used a car as a pretend aircraft and a small steel training rig (box that looks not much like a plane) so the realism was very poor. My problem is this, I've been trying to see if there is anywhere in the uk that houses old planes that have no use. A bit like the pictures of plane graveyards you see in the states. We don't need any working planes but a decent plane shell would be brilliant. It gives us the opportunity to know where to, and not to cut when removing a casualty from a plane etc. So can anyone please tell me if a place like this exists in the uk where we could acquire a couple of small plane bodies for some decent training exercises.

Cheers for reading

Rob
  • John Green
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Mar 2011

I don't know whether this will help :

Contact Farley Farm Airfield near Winchester, Hampshire on 07973 792712.

The last time I visited - less than a year ago - they had a number of derelict airframes lying around, probably ideal for your purpose.

Comment

• Rob Jack
      • Oct 2018

Thanks John. Will give them a try

Comment

• Newforest
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Apr 2005

But don't take my ex plane, BJDO, as it might be resurrected in the fullness of time! (fat chance probably!).
        http://www.flightmemory.com/ I have been round the world 11.83 times!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
        X