Rearwin's Melvis

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 6 months

Well, I thought folks here would like to see the visit to the Rearwin for it's 65th birthday on Tuesday this week. Cross post from historic (Melv's nearly 50).

We (MOTF, myself, Setter) arrived (late)

It was raining (as promised)

We found Melv (despite him a) hiding b) being denied, like Judas at the clubouse. "Melvyn? No, never heard of him. Isn't a Melv a type of bracket?")

We forced him to wheel the Rearwin out into the rain.

Robbo rang and abuse was swapped. (Abuse not pictured)

We had tea / coffee and cake (excellent chocolate brownies - top stuff...) And the nice people ("Oh THAT Melv. We thought you meant someone else!") found a candle so we hummed Happy Birthday while Melv held the candle. 65, since you ask.

It was fun. We were then late for Airbedane's RAeS talk in London because (as MOTF said "Melv wouldn't stop talking.")

Albatross!

Attachments
Original post

Member for

20 years 7 months

Looking good for its age! OH, and you Melv! ;) :D

Who got the insults then??

"That Daz and his bloody Spitfires...!" ;)

Member for

24 years 2 months

The old thing looks very orange.

His aeroplane's nice though.

Member for

19 years 11 months

looks a lot older and fatter than in previous photos, but he has a lovely aeroplane

Member for

24 years 2 months

Melv , how much fuel does it take to get to your MTOW when you are aboard , 2-3 gallons ? , should get you a nice hop on the runway :D

Member for

20 years 3 months

Well, I thought folks here would like to see the visit to the Rearwin for it's 65th birthday on Tuesday this week. Cross post from historic (Melv's nearly 50).

40 plus the VAT actually

We (MOTF, myself, Setter) arrived (late)

It was raining (as promised)

I spent ages sacrificing virgins for that rain. And they are not easy to find in Basingstoke.

We found Melv (despite him a) hiding b) being denied, like Judas at the clubouse. "Melvyn? No, never heard of him. Isn't a Melv a type of bracket?")

After I had waited the TWO HOURS you were late, even putting off having my lunch until the last portion was about to go . . .

We forced him to wheel the Rearwin out into the rain.

Like I needed a lot of forcing to show off!

Robbo rang and abuse was swapped. (Abuse not pictured)

Museum? MUSEUM? I'll give him museum . . .

We had tea / coffee and cake (excellent chocolate brownies - top stuff...) And the nice people ("Oh THAT Melv. We thought you meant someone else!") found a candle so we hummed Happy Birthday while Melv held the candle. 65, since you ask.

It was fun.

It was fun.

told you
We were then late for Airbedane's RAeS talk in London because (as MOTF said "Melv wouldn't stop talking.")

SO NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT YOU WERE TWO HOURS LATE THEN????

Albatross!

Yeah, on a stick.

Member for

20 years 3 months

Melv , how much fuel does it take to get to your MTOW when you are aboard , 2-3 gallons ? , should get you a nice hop on the runway :D

Deeed you are, Deeeed

Member for

24 years 2 months

Deeed you are, Deeeed

Hey it could fly for even longer if you wait 'till you have backtracked before taking on the other 1 gallon of fuel , geez you may even have enough gas to taxi part of the way back to the hangar !!!! :diablo:

Member for

20 years 3 months

When I was working out if I could get an 0-320 onto it (yes I know, got the real engine in the end and it cost more than your street) we did a weight and balance check and worked out that with the aeroplane, full fuel (34US Galls) we could take Carol and I and 1/2lb of baggage. However, since the weights we were using for ourselves were those taken first thing in the morning after having come out of the shower that half pound would be used up wearing underwear!

MH

Member for

24 years 2 months

When I was working out if I could get an 0-320 onto it (yes I know, got the real engine in the end and it cost more than your street) we did a weight and balance check and worked out that with the aeroplane, full fuel (34US Galls) we could take Carol and I and 1/2lb of baggage. However, since the weights we were using for ourselves were those taken first thing in the morning after having come out of the shower that half pound would be used up wearing underwear!

MH

Take Kylie then , no clothing involved at all !!! ;)

Member for

20 years 3 months

Melv, why don't you post your luggage (and clothing) to your chosen destination several days in advance. Problem solved.

I seem to remember someone not wanting to sit in it as he thought it might be a bit too small . . . .

Member for

24 years 2 months

It is.

You optimistically purchased it hoping that you'd slim into it.

Ouch ! , bitchy bitchy Robbo ! :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

Melv, why don't you post your luggage (and clothing) to your chosen destination several days in advance. Problem solved.

With an MTOW that allows 3 galls of fuel you wouldn't have to post his luggage far Robbo !!!!!!!!!!!! . Need to stop living on Pou Noudelles Melv !

Member for

19 years 9 months

just the right size for me!

Member for

20 years 7 months

Gimme the Isaacs Spit any day! :p

Member for

20 years 7 months

I might pay for a go in Melv's Rearwin....but I doubt he'd take me up! :p

Member for

21 years

Never went for the F1 engine idea then, Melvyn? :)
mmitch.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Rearwin very nice red airplane Mevelyn
naka

Member for

24 years 2 months

Rearwin very nice red airplane Mevelyn
naka

Your getting mixed up with his evil twin , Mevelyn Manson . :dev2:

Member for

19 years 5 months