EASA 2/2004 - Betrayal of "stakeholders"

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 5 months

:dev2:
If you submitted a personal response to the EASA consultation 2/2004 on operational and licensing aspects of future EASA concern then you might be in for a big disappointment. The listing of those who, according to EASA, made a submission is at -
http://www.easa.eu.int/doc/rule_Inventory_Answers_final.pdf
I looked through the listing which does run to over two pages but my name did not appear though I sent my response on 15 July. I sent an immediate email to the EASA consultation office as follows -

Sirs,

I have just looked at the EASA website published response documents in respect of EASA consultation 2/2004. I am absolutely appalled to find that my own submission sent on 15 July 2004 has not apparantly been taken into consideration. Frankly this brings the whole response document and consultation proceedure into question as there may well have been many others whose carefully prepared submissions have either been lost or simply ignored.

I fully intend to bring this to the attention of my representative associations, my local MP and the East Midlands group of MEP's along with the UK CAA if I do not get a very fast answer from you as to what has gone wrong. In the mean time I suggest you suspend any action in respect of NPA 2/2004.

As a means of bringing EASA into disrepute you have certainly made an excellent start. With me at any rate.

Regards,

Barry Tempest MRAeS
Armageddon Aviation

*********** BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE ***********

On 15/07/2004 at 17:02 Barry Tempest <> wrote:

To: [email]ERconsultation.OPS-LIC@jaa.nl[/email]
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:02:42 +0100
Subject: Fwd: EASA consultation 2/2004

Sirs,

I am pleased to submit my own personal comments to you as part of the consultation process on EASA NPA 2/2004.

I do trust that these will be carefully considered since they do represent the considered opinions of a General Aviation pilot, instructor, examiner, manager, administrator and, with the UK CAA, a regulator. I have been involved in GA activity since 1948, some 56 years and this year celebrated 50 years as a pilot. My experience covers many different types of aircraft including single and multi engine landplanes, gliders, hot-air balloons, gyrocopters and airships along with sport parachuting. I have been an airshow pilot since 1958 with over 2,300 public performances. I currently have over 13,200 hours as pilot and am the part owner of a Steen Skybolt home built aerobatic biplane.

As a "stakeholder" it has been my perceived duty to take part in this consultation which just might prove a watershed in the regulation of General Aviation and particularly that concerned with private, sporting and recreational aviation for the reasons I have given in my various submissions. I do hope many other individuals feel likewise. This especially since it is our future well being that is the subject of this consultation process.

I have been somewhat scathing in my comments of the imposition of JAR-FCL into the PPL. It has meant a significant reduction in the number of PPL's obtained in our EU states since a large number now obtain this qualification outside the EU in the USA or other countries - this to the detriment of EU FTO's in terms of loss of revenue. Additionally large numbers of existing PPL's have given up flying as a result of the increased cost of both the JAR-MED Class 2 certification and the new requirements entailed in continuing validity. The introduction of the NPPL system, with medical self certification and confirmation by your regular doctor, in the UK has been a brilliant innovation and one that will surely follow in the other EU states.

If you do wish for any clarification on any of the points I have made do please contact me.

I look forward with keen anticipation to seeing the outcome of this consultation process.

Kind regards,

Barry Tempest MRAeS

Armageddon Aviation
2 Church Walk, Kings Cliffe, Peterborough PE8 6XD, UK
(44)1780 470273
home email - [email]barry@tempest.ndo.co.uk[/email]
website - www.tempest.ndo.co.uk

PS - It would be appreciated due to the size of this transmission that you would please confirm receipt. Many thanks.

*********** BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE ***********

Perhaps you might care to see if your own efforts have been ignored as mine apparently have been. If they have then I suggest you take similar action to my own.

Cheers,

Trapper 69
:diablo:

Original post