Praising the Moon

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 3 months

Steve Moon of Aviation Panels came down and sorted my engine baffles and dish cowl yesterday.

Jeez, he's good.

Melv

Original post

Member for

20 years 7 months

Glad to hear your over the moon.
Did your dish cowl run off with the spoon?
Or was the cowl with the pussycat?

Member for

20 years 3 months

Janie,

Take fewer drugs.

Actually it didn't take honey but plenty of money!

Melv

Member for

20 years 7 months

It's not pea green, by any chance?

Member for

20 years 3 months

It's not pea green, by any chance?

Only if you are VERY colourblind!

Melv

Attachments

Member for

20 years 7 months

Wow! That is so blue, it will really show up against the English grey sky!!

Member for

20 years 3 months

Wow! That is so blue, it will really show up against the English grey sky!!

Amazing what happens with Photoshop when you invert a red image and expect it to turn out pea green!

If it wasn't for this cold I have I would be down there now.

Melv

Member for

20 years 7 months

So do we get to see the wonderful work that Mr Moon did in sorting your engine baffles. Did he sort them alphabetically or chronologically?

Member for

20 years 3 months

So do we get to see the wonderful work that Mr Moon did in sorting your engine baffles. Did he sort them alphabetically or chronologically?

He did them by colour, they are varying shades of aloomynoomium. I was planning to take the digi-cam down there yesterday but H.I. took it to work to show off pictures of Sid the Cat. I will take it tomorrow.

I did start work on the main cowl last night before the cold really got me and I came home.

Meanwhile, my PFA inspector seems to have disappeared and I need him to inspect the back of the panel before I nail it together. Then I can stick on the coaming, then we can make the boot cowl and It'll be complete up to the engine.

Still on target to move in a couple of weeks. Still on target for flight this year.

Just

Melv

Member for

20 years 7 months

Can we see Sid the cat too please?

I do hope Sid is short for Siddley.

Member for

20 years 3 months

Can we see Sid the cat too please?

I do hope Sid is short for Siddley.

Sometimes, also Sid Snot, Sid Vicious and Sid the Sexist!

Go to http://www.melvynhiscock.com/Guinness_the_Cat.html to see Sid's predecessor.

Melv

Sid pics?

Oh all right . . .

Attachments

Member for

20 years 7 months

I just checked the website. Guinness was, and Sid is, unfeasibly cute. That level of cuteness cannot possibly be legal. It's overwhelmingly cute.

It might explain some of the threads on this forum, seeing as Sid is obviouly a passionate contributor. It looks like he's responding to Lancman!

Member for

20 years 3 months

Guinness was one seriously cool dude. He had fans all over the world. Sid on the other hand is really clumsy (might be the age, he is just about nine months) and last night he walked into a chair. He falls off laps and the other day I saw him stalking something in the garden. It was a worm. The worm got away.

He is unfeasibly cute though.

Just like his owner.

Melv

Member for

20 years 3 months

I just checked the website. Guinness was, and Sid is, unfeasibly cute. That level of cuteness cannot possibly be legal. It's overwhelmingly cute.

Cats aren't cute!! :(

Member for

24 years 2 months

Any photos of the front end Melv , she is looking good - when will she migrate from the Cow Barn to an airfield ???.

Member for

20 years 3 months

Any photos of the front end Melv , she is looking good - when will she migrate from the Cow Barn to an airfield ???.

That was the front end, the one with the nose and ears . . . .Wait! You don't mean the cat?

As for the front end, I shall post some pics when I have taken them but there are some earlier ones on the Importing Aircraft thread, page 2.

It should migrate soon.

The shed is a bit sad really. It is not a cow shed but the old farm worshops. The bays were put in to stop people talking to each other when they worked. Not saying the old farmer was a slavedriver or anything! I knew someone who worked in that shed for over twenty years, freezing in winter and boiling in summer (it used to have a forge in it).

I have to sort out some more panel work and get the struts to fit (easy job), and a couple of other minor jobs. Should get the cowling ring sorted next week and then main cowling and boot cowl. These can be fitted after the engine runs.

I need to find a trailer with space for an 86in wheel track!

Melvyn

Member for

24 years 2 months

Cats? CATS??? Feckin' 'orrible things.... :(

Steve Moon's metalwork? Saw some of the stuff he turned out for Skysport a few years ago, Blimmin MARVELLOUS! :)

Member for

20 years 3 months

Front end as requested:

MH

Attachments

Member for

20 years

I like the candyfloss machine at the front!

Member for

20 years 3 months

I like the candyfloss machine at the front!

A bit chewy. Probably tastes better though. The shaft was well greased and then I kept walking into it. Clingfilm was the only thing that stopped me looking like a 1950s RAF fitter! (Mind you Brylcreme is better than Aeroshell grease!)

MH

Member for

24 years 2 months

Cats? CATS??? Feckin' 'orrible things.... :(

And how much does Harvey care for your opinions Mr Young?

Attachments