First Solo

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 5 months

Thank you very much everyone, for the congatulations that you all have given me.

:) :) :)

Shut up and buy the beers.

MH

Member for

20 years

Well done mate!!!

I about to join the Air Cadets hopefully. I'm 14 so it shouldn't be too long before I get to go solo on a glider. If I do get to fly on a glider in a few years time I will put it on here.....

ps - if you don't recognise my username it's because I've ventured in from the commercial forum.

Member for

20 years 5 months

Well done mate!!!

I about to join the Air Cadets hopefully. I'm 14

JEEZ, I've got underpants older than that!

so it shouldn't be too long before I get to go solo on a glider. If I do get to fly on a glider in a few years time I will put it on here.....

shortly before you are ordered to buy the beers.

ps - if you don't recognise my username it's because I've ventured in from the commercial forum.

We'll let you off. Not too sure about those commercial types, there might be some strange ones on there. Of course everyone here is PERFECTLY normal.

By the way, If you don't recognise your username then it might that you have started on the beers early!

Welcome in, the rules are: behave (unless you are misbehaving) In bed by nine or else come home, keep your mitts off of Kylie and don't do that, you don't kow where it has been.

MH

Member for

20 years

JEEZ, I've got underpants older than that!

shortly before you are ordered to buy the beers.

We'll let you off. Not too sure about those commercial types, there might be some strange ones on there. Of course everyone here is PERFECTLY normal.

By the way, If you don't recognise your username then it might that you have started on the beers early!

Welcome in, the rules are: behave (unless you are misbehaving) In bed by nine or else come home, keep your mitts off of Kylie and don't do that, you don't kow where it has been.

MH

I really do suggest that you buy some new underpants after 14 years. By the way, there are younger people than me on these forums. 12 is the youngest I've seen if not 11 or even 10.

Who are you on about? do you mean Kylie Minogue or another Kylie?

Are you one of these internet geeks who's a nutter and isn't allowed into the real world so scares people on the internet instead? or are you ok really but just a little strange or p****d on beer?

Member for

24 years 4 months

Beer, someone say beer?????

Member for

20 years 5 months

I really do suggest that you buy some new underpants after 14 years.

Why? They have several good years left yet. I mean, I can still turn them around and wear them inside out yet!

By the way, there are younger people than me on these forums. 12 is the youngest I've seen if not 11 or even 10.

Generally not on this one. Lots of very sad old people . . .

Who are you on about? do you mean Kylie Minogue or another Kylie?

There is no other Kylie. Kylie and I have been trying to keep our mad affair secret for some years. So far we have kept it out of the paparazzi's way but it is only a matter of time before we are all over the New of the World . . .

Are you one of these internet geeks who's a nutter and isn't allowed into the real world so scares people on the internet instead? or are you ok really but just a little strange or p****d on beer?

1) Internet geek?, no. Private pilot, journalist, publisher, writer, guitarist, owner of Sid the Cat.
2) I'll come to Real World in a minute.
3) OK but a little Strange? Define Strange!
4)Pizzed on beer? Nope, hardly drink at all, can't afford it, have an aeroplane to rebuild.
which brings us back to The Real World.

Take it from me, the "Real World" does not exist. Never believe anything you read. Let's face it, I should know, I write some of it!

Seriously, this is a pretty safe and sensible place. There are some people who sometimes go off on something, others that are a little strange and some of us just like to not take life too seriously. If you have questions about General Aviation then this is not a bad place to ask them. I haven't looked in the Commercial or modern military forums but other ones I have seen have been very flamey. This one isn't and I think I speak for everyone when i say we try to keep it that way, so settle in and enjoy it.

Also, just because some of us are over 18 does not mean to say we are going to act our age.

You mentioned you are in the air cadets and hope to solo when you are old enough. What I say is stick with it, keep your ears open and learn all you can. Never be afraid to ask questions even if you think it might be a bit silly. If you are in an aeroplane never be afraid to point out other traffic and remember that no one ever gets to be a good pilot by thinking they are a good pilot.

More than anything have fun and enjoy it, and when you do solo you will still be too young for the beer.

Don't worry, we accept IOU's.

Have to go, Kylie wants some help with the ironing.

Melvyn Hiscock

Member for

20 years 5 months

No one ordered me to buy any beers after my first solo...

Buy the beers you cheapskate

Member for

20 years 5 months

Oh he scares people in person too don't you worry.

Grrrrrrrr.

scared yet?

MH

Member for

20 years

Thank you MH!

I'm sorry if I may have offended you in my previous post. I just thought you were some sort of oddball. You seem very friendly! I must have misinterpreted your post.

Send my regards to Kylie.

P.S: My deffinition of strang is: something or someone that differs from what is normal. Other words: unusual, peculiar, odd,

Member for

20 years 5 months

Thank you MH!

I'm sorry if I may have offended you in my previous post. I just thought you were some sort of oddball. You seem very friendly! I must have misinterpreted your post.

Don't worry, no offence taken. there is nothing wrong with being an oddball, the word needs more of them.

Send my regards to Kylie.

Shhhhh, the Paparazzi might hear . . . .

P.S: My deffinition of strang is: something or someone that differs from what is normal. Other words: unusual, peculiar, odd,

You mean like strange only spelt wrong!

Good to have you here youngun, ask as many questions as you like but don't sit in Moggy's chair.

MH