Aerofair

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 8 months

Don't forget to go to Aerofair this weekend.

If you fly in, please buy fuel at North Weald. It keeps the place going which keeps me happy and that is the most important thing in the world!
:D

Original post

Member for

20 years 3 months

Don't forget to go to Aerofair this weekend.

If you fly in, please buy fuel at North Weald. It keeps the place going which keeps me happy and that is the most important thing in the world!
:D

Which - keeping it going or you happy??!! :D

Member for

20 years 8 months

:) Keeping ME ME ME happy! :)

... well both really.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Frankly Aerofair week is about the only week of the year when I wouldn't dream of going to North Weald.

The rest of the time it is a frequent dropping-off point. John is probably my favourite refueller in the universe and you can meet a very nice class of person in the dead of night inside a CASA111 if you are lucky. :p

Moggy

Member for

20 years 8 months

in the dead of night inside a CASA111

Ah! The re-enactment of the bombing of Coventry! I still don't remember that. Most worrying. I do remember playing ghosts in the cockpit of the DC3 at midnight before Fighter Meet.

Three cheers for John the refueller!

Member for

20 years 3 months

Ah! The re-enactment of the bombing of Coventry! I still don't remember that. Most worrying. I do remember playing ghosts in the cockpit of the DC3 at midnight before Fighter Meet.

Three cheers for John the refueller!

And they let you fly aircraft?????!!!!! Mmmmm - a letter to Head of Licensing required re: the sanity of members of this forum!! ;) ;)

Member for

20 years 8 months

If you read the PPL syllabus, you will see it goes something like this:
1. Climbs an decents
2. Turns
3. Stalls
4. Take off and landings
5. The re-enactment of the bombing of Coventy

Everybody knows that!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Yup

Exercise 23Z

Dual simulation of WW2's darker moments.

Passed with flying colours.

Also Exercise 36X - Flag stealing from Jolly Rogers

Great days :D

Moggy

Member for

20 years 3 months

If you read the PPL syllabus, you will see it goes something like this:
1. Climbs an decents
2. Turns
3. Stalls
4. Take off and landings
5. The re-enactment of the bombing of Coventy

Everybody knows that!

Aha! May I take you up on a couple of points?

1.Climbs and decent what?

2. One take off and how many landings?

:D :D

Member for

20 years 8 months

1.Climbs and decent what?

Decent of a Lady with Al Pacino

2. One take off and how many landings?

About three per take off in the early days!

Bad spelling and grammar was encouraged too.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Janie is just proving how quickly you forget your training once you've qualified.

I suggest we need a biennial grammar review like wot the FAA does.

Moggy

Member for

24 years 3 months

Slot booked for tomorrow, anyone else going? Sorry Janie, won't be buying fuel, we seem to have plenty of our own at the moment.

Member for

20 years 1 month

One of the highlights of the event was the Yak52 (Tailwheel ) , but if you had seen it on Tuesday evening, you would not have imagined it would make it to North Weald.The a/c was involved in a taxiing accident, which concluded with the Yak impaled on a mobile bowser, with a consequent spillage of fuel.

After the consumption of much midnight-oil, the installation of a new engine, new prop, and newly fabricated cowlings, it was back in the air. The nosewheel 52's might look a little ungainly, but at least the view is better !

Member for

24 years 3 months

Is that the Yak 52TD? I can only conclude that TD must stand for Turbo Diesel. Got to have a sit in it today, very interesting, but far to much money for me I fear.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Yak 11 Fan.

Do you recall how much? I saw one at Sun&Fun last year, and I think it was then in the region of 90,000 dollars.

Member for

24 years 3 months

100,000 Euros (what ever they are worth these days) I believe. Now I fear my old Laguna is worth £2k, so I'm about £58k short, could sell the house I guess and live in the hanger.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Yak-52TD

EUR55,00 will convert your current nose-wheel one to a taildragger. Because you will be getting a fully retractable undercarriage, you get new wings. You also get new paint. Conversion takes 3-weeks.

If you do not already have one to convert, then EUR100,000 will get you a newly converted one. That's currently about £67,000 for a 360hp military spec aircraft. Can you find something else in it's league for that price?

Or there is the super model EUR120,000 will get you one with a 400hp enging, three-blade propeller, transponder with Mode C, strobes, rounded wing-tips, Hooker harness, extra baggage space and a smoke system!

We did some climb tests in the TD last night, pitching it against a nosewheel version. We were in the 400hp 2-blade demonstrator. It pulled away from the other very nicely!

Please note the at the -TD is different from the -TW.

Member for

24 years 3 months

:mad: I miss my YAK!

Moggy

Member for

20 years 8 months

Moggy: I bumped into someone else from the old Tatiana group yesterday. I never got his name, but he was the one who sold his share just before the Starduster ate it.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Click here for full details on the sexy Yak-52TD.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Moggy: I bumped into someone else from the old Tatiana group yesterday. I never got his name, but he was the one who sold his share just before the Starduster ate it.

Ah! Him.

I can't recall his name either :confused:

Moggy