Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggin Hill Airport Flight School to Close after 70 Years

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bradburger
    Rank 5 Registered User

Biggin Hill Airport Flight School to Close after 70 Years

After reading a letter in Pilot magazine a few months ago detailing how unfriendly Biggin was becoming to GA aviation, it would appear the well established home grown flying schools have also fell victim to this selfish attitude: -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43432123

I wonder how long it is before they start to try and grab more airspace for themselves, as TAG at Farnborough are trying to do?

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by Bradburger; 3rd April 2018, 01:16.
    The most usless commodity in aerobatics is the amount of sky above you!
  • John Green
    Rank 5 Registered User

Biggin's future has been under the threat of exclusive redevelopment for a long long time. Its proximity to London means that the carpet baggers complete with sharp suits and a thirst for profit have been circling like vultures round a juicy carcass salivating at the prospect, so, all the small businesses likely to impede progress, are given the 'bum's rush'.

I did my early flight training at Biggin with the Surrey & Kent Flying Club when the field had few FTOs and was noted for its annual flying displays. I still have my Surrey & Kent members tie ! The new Biggin grabbing more CAS ? That, due to the near presence of City airport is a certainty.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
    X