Instrument & A/Pilot manuals

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

6 years 7 months

Just in case anyone is interested - I have managed to obtain practically all the instrument and some autopilot o/haul and maintenance manuals that used to be CSE's at Kidlington before they went posh and shut the place down. There are over 1,200 manuals and technical specifications, some as old as 1945 (Valve autopilot!!!) but most are 1970s to 2000s so if anyone is having trouble finding a spec for 'heritage' instruments they are trying to repair then give me a shout and I'll see if I have anything that might help.

(and if anyone is really stuck I do have formal training and general test gear together with with Edo/Mitchell/Century, KCS55/A and KFC200 test sets so may be able to repair and/or test - but not certify :()

Original post

Member for

17 years 5 months

Cool, I will let my radio guy know.

Member for

6 years 7 months

Silent flier can you work on Narco 12d If so I would be very interested in hearing from you. regards Dartannia.

Member for

6 years 7 months

Sorry folks, I'm an old instrument / autopilot guy - I can't do any radio/radar/glass stuff. :(

Does anyone remember the size of Griff's kingdom in the tech library in the avionics shop at Kidlington? The manuals I have take up well over 20 metres of shelf space, if I'd got all of the rest of the radio/radar/VLF Omega (anyone remember that?)/GPS ones as well I'd probably have needed another 30 or 40 meters of shelving plus a reinforced floor to my cabin - (Oops, sorry - workshop...)

Member for

6 years 7 months

Ah what a shame!Lets hope the radio manuals also found a good home.Important this material is preserved for future usage.Thank you for letting us know!

Member for

17 years 5 months

Dartannia, re your Narco, check your PM's

Member for

6 years 7 months

Tony T thank you for the heads up I,ll give him a call.I imagine he is run ragged with the current 833 rush! regards Dart