Avgas prices. Nottingham is like a time warp.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

I uploaded 110 litres of Avgas at Nottingham yesterday. More than 50 litres entitling me to a free landing.

£1.38/L including the VAT. (£1.70 at my home base)

Nice welcoming airfield too.

Moggy

Original post

Member for

11 years 6 months

As a non-flyer, so lacking any detailed knowledge, is Avgas taxed at a similar level to road diesel and petrol?

Member for

17 years 2 months

Think yourself lucky, it is £2.20 up here.

I was told that there is only one refinery in Europe refining Avgas and that is in Cyprus!
QED.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Unleaded petrol & diesel 57.95p/litre

Aviation gasoline (Avgas) 37.7p/litre

Then VAT on top of course.

I logged about 90 minutes to and from, so burned about 45 litres. If I take off the saving I could kid myself that the hour and a half of flying cost me £40.

Moggy

Member for

20 years 1 month

Curses, I was going to go today (which is CAVOK) but I've got a head cold starting so no flying for me.

Member for

11 years 6 months

Interesting, Moggy - thanks.

Member for

24 years 3 months

No problem.

As an alternative I could have gone instead to Calais. The flight time would have been similar, around 40 minutes, but there the fuel is about £1.24 at current exchange rates, and I could have reclaimed the UK duty on my full 144litres 'exported' and received a cheque for over £54 from HMRC.

They would have charged me a 10 euro landing fee though.

Moggy

Member for

11 years 6 months

So you'd still have been in pocket, and spent the windfall on a decent "dejeuner"!!:)

Member for

17 years 6 months

Damn if I knew you were flying over I would have got the blunderbuss out. :p

Avgas is low leaded Charlie , about 5 star in old money..

Member for

20 years 1 month

Following up on your note of the 11th February, and with the head cold gone, I chugged up to Nottingham yesterday and can confirm that their AVGAS is still £1.38 per litre including VAT. They seemed to be very keen to have the lowest price in the area which is a refreshing change from the norm. Coupled with an excellent cheese and ham toastie and good visibility it made for a grand day out Grommit.