Seeking anyone with any aircraft to help with a primary school project.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 5 months

My wife teaches at a primary school in Nottinghamshire and is running a topic on transport for November. She's looking for people to display different forms of transport. I'm taking a works artic in, she is looking ideally for someone either to do a fly past in anything that defies gravity, or better still, someone generous who would be willing to fly a helicopter into school, or perhaps fly or trailer an autogyro in,display a hot air balloon, glider, or powered glider. Anyone know anyone who can help with any of the above, please let me know.

Original post

Member for

17 years 6 months

Dates would probably help Dave :)

Member for

13 years 3 months

With a location like that how about a day at Newark Air Museum ? I think TwinOtter23 is your man !

Member for

13 years 3 months

Bump ! Feeling guilty as this thread seems to have died a death since I replied to it !
Can anyone help Mrs dangerousdave ?

Member for

18 years 2 months

:o Sorry dangerousedave - I've only just seen this (it's been a busy week - e.g. today I've only just got back from Durham).

I handle most of the facilitated school visits to Newark Air Museum, which is currently part of this AHL scheme http://www.ahleducation.org.uk/venues_newark.html

Drop me a PM with some more information (date, school location, year group etc.) and I'll see what I can do (cannot promise anything flying in though!)

Member for

16 years 5 months

Obviously trips for school require fundraising, coach hire etc. any dates in November would be good as the project runs for the whole of November.

Member for

18 years 2 months

If funding is an issue some sessions can be delivered at a more modest fee in school, but they do tend to lose the impact of being amongst and going in the aircraft.

PM me an email address and I can send through some detail / booking form etc.

Is the school definitely in Notts? If it's in Lincs I might be able to guide you to some funding.

Member for

17 years 6 months

If you give me an idea of the area I'll ask on the military forum

Member for

16 years 5 months

Thanks. it is NG21 area

Member for

18 years 2 months

Just a quick 'heads-up' - my offer is still on the table but only this morning I've taken two school bookings for November (one from Bulwell and one from Lincolnshire) so I think that I would need to firm up a date quite quickly if the school was interested. :)

Member for

17 years 1 month

Hi Dangerousdave

Three questions for you,
1) Would a small cockpit be of interest?
2) If so, do you have a date?
3) Agin if so, would you require a million pounds of insurance?

By the way, we only charge in Tea and biscuits!
Ritch and Max.

Member for

16 years 5 months

Pm'd thanks