Proposed changes to GA operations

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years

Altho' the detail is not yet complete, the following changes to the way Permit aircraft operate within GA are nearing fruition:

The Medical Declaration to cease and the possession of a valid driving license will serve as a medical certificate.

Group owned aircraft will, in a reversion to what used to be, be permitted to be used for ab initio training.

Progress continues towards the approval and use of Permit aircraft for Night/IFR. It is intended that non certified instrumentation displays can be used.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Exciting times in GA if it all comes to pass.

The only reservation I have is that my AME saved my life with a casual aside during one medical. I probably wouldn't be here but for him.

Of even more excitement is the work NATS are doing on developing an affordable traffic alerting system

Moggy

Member for

12 years 6 months

I think that you will find that the use of a DVLA Licence for a Medical only applies to the NPPL (Or EASA equivalent.), but not the CAA-PPL/EASA-PPL. Also it will not apply to heavier a/c and CAA Permit a/c. I'm just guessing..... :)

Member for

13 years

I did write that the detail is not yet complete !

The criteria for change is 'simplicity' and 'evidence based'.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Interesting developments in the offing.

Member for

18 years 1 month

Which licence, caa-ppl or nppl would I need to fly a Chipmunk?

Member for

20 years 8 months

Only if you want to, but who wouldn't?

Member for

24 years 3 months

You can fly a Chipmunk vfr in daylight on an NPPL as long as you have added a tailwheel sign off to it.

But it's unlikely that anyone would entrust one to a pilot with less than 100 hours P1, so unless there is some valid medical reason you might as well go for a full PPL.

Moggy