Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposed changes to GA operations

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Green
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Mar 2011

Proposed changes to GA operations

Altho' the detail is not yet complete, the following changes to the way Permit aircraft operate within GA are nearing fruition:

The Medical Declaration to cease and the possession of a valid driving license will serve as a medical certificate.

Group owned aircraft will, in a reversion to what used to be, be permitted to be used for ab initio training.

Progress continues towards the approval and use of Permit aircraft for Night/IFR. It is intended that non certified instrumentation displays can be used.
  • Moggy C
    • Jan 2000

Exciting times in GA if it all comes to pass.

The only reservation I have is that my AME saved my life with a casual aside during one medical. I probably wouldn't be here but for him.

Of even more excitement is the work NATS are doing on developing an affordable traffic alerting system

Moggy
    "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

• Snoopy7422
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Oct 2011

I think that you will find that the use of a DVLA Licence for a Medical only applies to the NPPL (Or EASA equivalent.), but not the CAA-PPL/EASA-PPL. Also it will not apply to heavier a/c and CAA Permit a/c. I'm just guessing.....

Comment

• John Green
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Mar 2011

I did write that the detail is not yet complete !

The criteria for change is 'simplicity' and 'evidence based'.

Comment

• mike currill
          Big pistons rule
          • Jul 2003

Interesting developments in the offing.
          The mind once expanded by a new idea never returns to its original size.

Comment

• WP840
            Whisky Papa
            • Feb 2006

Which licence, caa-ppl or nppl would I need to fly a Chipmunk?
            If you're not living on the edge then you're taking up too much space!

Comment

• mike currill
              Big pistons rule
              • Jul 2003

Only if you want to, but who wouldn't?
              The mind once expanded by a new idea never returns to its original size.

Comment

• Moggy C
                • Jan 2000

You can fly a Chipmunk vfr in daylight on an NPPL as long as you have added a tailwheel sign off to it.

But it's unlikely that anyone would entrust one to a pilot with less than 100 hours P1, so unless there is some valid medical reason you might as well go for a full PPL.

Moggy
                Last edited by Moggy C; 6th September 2014, 08:43.
                "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                X