Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MORE AIRSPACE LOST ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Green
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Mar 2011

MORE AIRSPACE LOST ?

Chaps,

Your attention to this matter is urgently required. TAG Aviation at Farnborough are proposing to grab large swathes of additional controlled airspace on the spurious non evidential grounds of forecast increases in traffic density.

At the moment each business jet flight from/to Farnborough has an average of 2.5 passengers per flight. The proposed extension will jeopardise operations from Lasham, Fairoaks and Blackbushe. All of us who transit the area will be affected should these proposals become law.

The following site gives chapter and verse on exactly how much and where additional airspace is threatened by TAG. It also directs you to the route and the style of registering objections. We need as many as possible to respond. We in GA are being squeezed into an ever diminishing amount of airspace. Please go to:

www.consultation.tagfarnboroughairport.com
  • ~Alan~
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Mar 2010

A "similar" situation at Southend I believe (although I stand to be corrected). With a lot more commercial flights,
    they have had incursions into their airspace by light aircraft.
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

• Moggy C
      • Jan 2000

That makes little sense.

If with a small amount of controlled airspace they have incursions, with a larger amount of airspace they will inevitably have more.

I have some small sympathy for Southend, despite the fact it will inconvenience me, they do at least have scheduled commercial movements.

Farnborough doesn't. It's all about the lucrative biz-jet market.

Moggy
      "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
      X