Safe forced landing in Scotland.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years

Many photos of the plane after landing with, presumably both engines stopped. Aircraft is a PA.31, N66886 and believed to be on a delivery flight from the US to France. Good landing by the ferry pilot.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2600871/Pilot-injured-emergency-landing-forced-bring-twin-engined-plane-ploughed-field.html

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Humph!

How come I didn't make the Daily Mail?

:mad:

Member for

11 years 6 months

They knew what your reaction would be!:D

Member for

17 years 6 months

Looks like the Stb isn't fully feathered, so would have been windmilling... the dreaded drag

They didn't put your's in Moggy as they do not normally cover Glider crashes.. :p

Member for

24 years 3 months

I hate you two! :D

Member for

15 years 10 months

Looking at the standard of reporting the Mail would never dare feature Moggy in there news articles, they simply couldn't take the aggro.

The plane is variously reported as "single seat" and "single engined", they would have had G-NADZ down as a warbird.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Better than 'powered glider' as perceived by the East Anglia local press.

Moggy

Member for

18 years 7 months

At least you missed the school full of children and/or the over-dramatic screaming dive.... that's why you were overlooked by the DM ;)

Member for

17 years 6 months

Yup, of the kids shoe, when ever they show a bombed building in Afghan, there is a kids shoe front and centre, the camera crew must have a car boot full to place at each site...

Yup
Surprised it doesn't mention the school thirty miles away ( that an aircraft crashed 20 miles from in 1932) which he managed to steer clear off when he lost the engine.... Mention's the squirt of foam to put the fire out? What fire?

Member for

19 years

Aircraft was for sale in Washington State for $100,000 and was a freight carrier, therefore only two seats inside. May have been staying at Wick for a little while ;)

Member for

24 years 3 months

At least you missed the school full of children

A few hundred yards further on there is a micro-brewery. I would certainly have struggled with the controls to avoid that.

Lying strapped to a board with a potential (but thankfully not actual) broken spine, neck or pelvis I was breathalysed.

Bet they didn't do that in 1940.

Moggy

Member for

17 years 6 months

Lying strapped to a board with a potential (but thankfully not actual) broken spine, neck or pelvis I was breathalysed.

I bet you were pissed alright, but in a none alcoholic way..

Member for

24 years 3 months

Yes, that about sums it up. :(

Member for

13 years 1 month

"Extinguished: The aircraft was covered in a chemical foam as firefighters battle to put out the blaze?"

Any sharp eyed members spot where the blaze was? Chemical foam? really serious stuff!