Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no info from GINFO?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Larry66
    Hangar bout lad!
    • Oct 2005

Why no info from GINFO?

I downloaded a flight tracker app to my android phone (Flightradar24 free) and copied the serial number the app showed me and entered it into the GINFO search box on the CAA site . But no matter what I entered I got no results. The planes displayed were all jetliners; easy jet; jet 2 etc and the numbers were like EXS536, a Jet2 plane. Also, anyone know a decent android app or website that will do this?
    What I know about planes you could write on the back of a beer mat, but I'm looking for bigger beer mats!
    My photos
    http://stumm47.deviantart.com/
  • sycamore
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Mar 2004

I think you will find that you need the aircraft registration for GINFO ; flight numbers only relate to the flight ,not necessarily a particular aircraft,sometimes even a different type is used,and probably changes on a daily basis..

Comment

• Larry66
      Hangar bout lad!
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by sycamore View Post
      I think you will find that you need the aircraft registration for GINFO ; flight numbers only relate to the flight ,not necessarily a particular aircraft,sometimes even a different type is used,and probably changes on a daily basis..
      Ah thanks for that! Not very useful app then!
      What I know about planes you could write on the back of a beer mat, but I'm looking for bigger beer mats!
      My photos

Comment

• Moggy C
        • Jan 2000

If you press the 'More Info' button on the bottom left you will get the registration.

(This the 'Pro' paid-for version. Freebie might be different)

I am not certain though how knowing the registration would make it more 'useful'

Moggy
        "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

• A225HVY
          Chief Opsy
          • Apr 2004

If you download Flightradar24 PRO when you highlight the flight there is an option for more details and this includes the airframe being used

I find that the PRO version is a very useful tool especially if I'm waiting for flights to arrive!
          Last edited by A225HVY; 11th November 2012, 22:28.

Comment

• A225HVY
            Chief Opsy
            • Apr 2004

Damn you Moggy!!

I must type faster

Comment

• Larry66
              Hangar bout lad!
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by A225HVY View Post
              If you download Flightradar24 PRO when you highlight the flight there is an option for more details and this includes the airframe being used

I find that the PRO version is a very useful tool especially if I'm waiting for flights to arrive!
              Oh no I dont want a paid for app. I dont fly, never been in a plane. Was just interested in seeing whats flying overhead.
              Last edited by Larry66; 12th November 2012, 16:00. Reason: typos
              My photos

Comment

• Newforest
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Apr 2005

Never? Wonder how many others members have never been in a plane?
                http://www.flightmemory.com/ I have been round the world 11.83 times!

Comment

• Moggy C
                  • Jan 2000

If I recall correctly it costs about 2.50. If you really don't want to spend that vast sum then you can't be that interested

Moggy
                  "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

• Planemike
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Dec 2007

So guess Larry doesn't subscribe to FlyPast either.........!!!

Planemike

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                    X