Ballooning

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 7 months

http://www.slickpic.com/s/UAAN2MzwUEw1Tj/BalloonsBallooning?preview=1

Not sure how interested everyone on the forum may be in the topic of ballooning, but I thought I'd share some ballooning pictures from this morning.

This flight was to be in conjunction with the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta (currently going on), but unfortunately, the conditions for the competition flying that was scheduled for today were not ideal due to high winds. However, just a little further west from the event, we found ideal conditions for a few short hops to get many their first flying experience in a hot air balloon.

I'm hoping to attend other events later this week, and if there is interest, I will post more pictures (hopefully of more balloons than just Retro Bird, the main subject in this series).

Hope you enjoy!

Rob

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

I have ballooned once.

It was truly enjoyable, though somehow I couldn't see myself making a hobby out of it.

Moggy

Member for

14 years 1 month

Nice pictures Rob, not something I've ever tried.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Years back, took one of the Virgin balloon flights around the Derbyshire area, was a good experience and enjoyed it. Part of the deal was that you had to help inflate the balloon, then after the flight deflate it and help pack it away ready for transport back to where the flight started. It was not cheap, but we got a pair of binoculars each to keep, and a glass of champers at the end.

Member for

12 years 6 months

Flew from Lincolshire Showground in a balloon about 15 years ago. Glad I did it but didn't interest me as a way of getting around, more a tick in the box type thing. Highly recommended though for a one off.

Member for

12 years 7 months

Just finished uploading pictures of this morning's Mass Ascension to the link in the original post, should anyone care to take a look. Many different balloons this morning, and I'm hoping for more of the same at tomorrow's Farewell Mass Ascension.

Rob

Member for

15 years 2 months

Nice shots there :)