Md-500e

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

I'm searching for pics of MD-500E with attractive liveries, to make a kit.

And, if possible, does someone also have some with fixed floats? And / or plans and dimensions of these floats?

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

I've flown in one - GDRAR now G-JIVE. Shes in a red/blue livery and if you want some pics i can send you some prints to look at in the post. have your tried airliners.net searching throught the filters?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Airliners: I tried it, and found some pics, but very few, especiallt those with floats. As I could see, all floats are inflatable ones, the skids being longer in these cases. Am I right?

I would be happy if you could send me the pictures.

Already thanks!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Is G-JIVE still based at LBA with Multiflight? It was when I did my work experience there in... 1998... yeah, cos the World Cup was on! It was G-DRAR back then too!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Frank: well tbh the ones on airliners.net will be of a better qualitly prob, but i do have several differant views of the a/c if it helps - i'l try and get them scanned by a mate over the next couple of days, if not i'll send them by land mail to you,

GYZL: Yea it was 2000 when i flew her - she diverted into Coney due to an emergency at LBA - a Robin 200 had to make a forced landing in a field half a mile off the end of 14 and there was no fire cover. The next day she needed to be positioned bak into LBA onto Heli 3, so i was invited to fly her on a jolly around the local area. Apparently she is now registered to a company in Sowerby Bridge, but i haven't heard he on the scanner for a while or seen her at LBA, suggesting she may be based in Sowerby Bridge and possably covered by Pennine Radar upon departure

http://www.aaib.dft.gov.uk/bulletin/oct02/gjive.htm here is an AAIB report i found on the a/c last october when she was involved in an accident