Straight Tail Cessna 150

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 11 months

Can anyone give me the CG Limits and the MTOW for a 150D please? One of my students wants to drop one to see if he can break it.

:diablo:

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

You'll have to refer to the individual aircraft's POH. Anything else is just an approximation.

Moggy

Member for

18 years 1 month

Many years ago, I learnt on a 1958 vintage straight tale 150.

CG wise it was virtually impossible to load it outside limits. They had a 1500lb MTOW, so you had to do your sums for 2 people and full fuel.

That said it was lighter and nicer to fly than most of the later models. Pulling on the last stage (40 deg) of flap at more than about 60 mph needed determined effort (and watch for the pitch up if you power to go around).

Member for

17 years 6 months

Moggy it is the type data cert that is the final reference

Chewby, You need to go to the FAA site and read the Type Data Certificate. It is the reference all aircraft have to comply too.

What you require is here

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/0/14…

For future reference you can access them all here

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/MainFrame

Member for

24 years 3 months

And how will the type data certificate give you the empty weight of that aircraft from which to start your calculations?

Aircraft are famed for adding weight as they get older; it's why they are reweighed periodically and the weight certificate then becomes a legal part of the POH. Knowing what it should have weighed when it came out of the factory is not a great deal of help in establishing the W&B of a particular airframe.

Moggy

Member for

17 years 6 months

He appeared to be asking generic rather than specific

Member for

24 years 3 months

Fairy Nuff :D

Member for

14 years 11 months

Thanks for your help Tony. Moggy, I'm very familiar with aircraft weighing and can easily establish the actual cg position, I just needed to know what the fore and aft limits were for loading it up for the big drop test.

Cheers guys.
LAA372