Pilot shops at Fairoaks.. are there any?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hi all,

I used to buy a lot of my supplies at Transair at Fairoaks before it closed down.

Does anybody know - just to save me a trip for nothing - if the unit once used by Transair has been taken up by anybody else selling similar bits and pieces? I can't seem to find anything on the internet to answer my question.

Thanks in advance!

Original post

Member for

15 years 2 months

When did the fairoaks one shut? I never knew it closed.
I think theres one open at Wycombe Airpark now.

Member for

24 years 3 months

When did the fairoaks one shut?

I'm not entirely sure, but it was a handy little shop, with a good selection of items for purchase. I think Transair had 7 stores the last time I shopped with them but they now only have four.

Anyway, thanks for the answer. I did head off to Wycombe in the end, but the shop was very small, stocking a very limited selection of products. Saying that, however, I did manage to get what I was after.

Member for

15 years 2 months

Im glad you got what you was looking for!
As far as im aware theres one in central London and I think one at coventry (dunno if thats still there)
I wish they would open one at Cranfield!

Member for

18 years

There are no dedicated aviation shops at Fairoaks since Transair closed their premises a while back, however the Flight Centre may possibly be able to supply aeronautical charts and items for the private flyer. I believe the Transair premises is now occupied by a flight training establishment.

Member for

16 years 2 months

Fairoaks

Flight centre by the cafe has a 'Transair' shop within, but only limited amount of books maps etc. Chinese whispers have it that the former premises had become financially unviable.

Regds

Ron