Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"New" Forum issues.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mothminor
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Dec 2012

Lol...Well, I seriously hope nobody can "better" that!

Comment

• xena
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Nov 2012

Seems that Brexit is in progress. The availability of Key Publishing Forums is worse than ever here on the continent. What happens?

Comment

• Keith
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Oct 2007

This is just an unusable forum now for me. I would look for some info on what went wrong, but it would take all day with these page load times.

Comment

• jamesm
          Administrator
          • Dec 2016

We are now investigating the speed issues on a different server so as to not keep closing the forums for extended periods of time. Hopefully we should have a resolution soon. Sorry for the delays in resolving this matter.

James

Comment

• Propstrike
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Mar 2004

Us old lags will bear with it in the hope of better days. I am certain that technically, all the issues can be sorted, it is just the that the commitment to do so is yet to be proven.

Comment

• Gerard
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Aug 2009

I tried 5 times to upload 2 pictures but after 15 minutes "working" it end with this:
              For Roundels of the World: http://www.drareg.nl/Markeringen/index.html or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/481843655359127/

Comment

• Gerard
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Aug 2009

And why doe it work here? !!!!
                For Roundels of the World: http://www.drareg.nl/Markeringen/index.html or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/481843655359127/

Comment

• Gerard
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Aug 2009

Today I tried again. Still no foto upload. But a new message

Comment

• Christer
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Jan 2000

I have set the forum to "automatically detect DST settings" but the change from summer time to normal depends on the location of the server. (This year one week earlier in Europe compared to the U.S.A.) Now, where-ever the server is located, it should have changed to normal time but it is still summer!

Comment

• mig-31bm
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Oct 2013

I appreciate that Mod and Admin worked very hard to change the forum interface but honest, the "new" Keypublishing is significantly slower,it takes me 20 minutes for upload my post, quote and insert image function also doesn't work anymore. Personally i think the "old" keypublishing forum is already good, why fix something that isn't broken?

Comment

• Christer
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Jan 2000

From my post above:
                        I have set the forum to "automatically detect DST settings" but the change from summer time to normal depends on the location of the server. (This year one week earlier in Europe compared to the U.S.A.) Now, where-ever the server is located, it should have changed to normal time but it is still summer!

Now, it's winter!

Comment

• Keith
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Oct 2007

Every time i click on a thread, as soon as the threads page opens my screen scrolls straight down to the very bottom of every page.
                          Honestly, each time i visit this forum (which is getting rarer and rarer) i leave frustrated. Its so so slow, i find myself thinking hard before clicking on a thread, as clicking back out of it again takes so long that most of the time i end up leaving before its gone back again. That makes me very selective about looking at a thread when i find myself trying to decide if its going to be worth the trouble and time involved
                          This new problem with the thread pages shooting down to the bottom as soon as it loads is the final straw. The forum is like something out of the dark ages and is close to unusable.

I think what i would really like to know is will this forum ever be fixed or is this it now?

Comment

• Christer
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Jan 2000

Every time i click on a thread, as soon as the threads page opens my screen scrolls straight down to the very bottom of every page.
                            This is not the only forum with this or similar problems. When you click the title, it should take you to the first post (to the start of the tread). If you click the arrow to the left of the title, it should take you to the first unread post.

Comment

• blurrkup
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Mar 2006

New issue I have found. The Duxford Diary thread under historic currently shows the last page as 69, but when you click in it there are 70 pages.

Comment

• TonyT
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • Oct 2006

if you add a reply and then a smillie, you cannot edit and add anything after the smillie, it will let you add to any text before that but not after

Comment

• Maxim08
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Jun 2014

I haven't browsed this forum much since the redo but was planning on updating my 'Siskin' thread. A search using the word 'Siskin' returned one (1) result from 2003 and none of my posts or threads. Reviewing my member stats, apparently I've done nothing; no posts no threads. Should I be doing things differently?

Regards
                                  John
                                  Last edited by Maxim08; 7th December 2018, 01:55. Reason: auto correct out of control.

Comment

• jamesm
                                    Administrator
                                    • Dec 2016

John,

Please try the search again, it should work now. When viewing you profile it filters activity by default to the last month. To adjust this click on the filter button on the right hand side.

Comment

• hampden98
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Sep 2009

Apologies if this has been posted before. If you create a thread with a link and then try to delete the link you can't, it just says "enter a valid url" after you have deleted the link and then try to save the thread. ?

Comment

• Anon
                                        Mike Davey
                                        • Jan 2008

This used to be my go-to forum, second only after looking at my e-mails. Now I visit, on average, probably once a week. Does that tell anybody anything about how attractive going on this forum has become to me?

I love the content and have learned so much in the years I have been frequenting it, but I fear that time is drawing to an end. It's more of an afterthought that I visit now - and that's not good for me, the forum or anybody else.

Also, I liked my Post Count and was proud of it. Where has it gone? It's mine and I want it back!

Anon.

Comment

• Maxim08
                                          Rank 5 Registered User
                                          • Jun 2014

JamesM, thank you. Working great.

Regards
                                          John

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...