Can we have the old forum back

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 6 months

I don't know whether this is a temporary page but this is slow loading ,not an improvement in looks or function :(

Original post

Member for

7 years 3 months

The forums may be slower loading for the next 24 hours as the site is currently re-indexing its database.

Member for

5 years 9 months

Likewise, can we have the old forum back!! Please.....Really don't like the new look one bit!!

Member for

16 years 3 months

Neither do I...............!!!

Member for

16 years 5 months

Feeling a bit wary about the new forum, but I suppose in the long run I will get used to it.

Member for

15 years

No I am not too keen on it either, it is pretty weird .

Member for

15 years 2 months

Too much "white space"

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t2018-08-31 08_57_21-Can we have the old forum back - Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums.png Views:\t1 Size:\t67.2 KB ID:\t3834599","data-align":"left","data-attachmentid":"3834599","data-size":"custom","height":"186","title":"2018-08-31 08_57_21-Can we have the old forum back - Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums.png","width":"640"}[/ATTACH]

Image sizing issues. At max zoom out, this pic still cannot fit.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","height":"510","title":"2018-08-31 09_09_14-The 'JUST A NICE PIC...' thread - Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums.png","width":"640","data-attachmentid":3834603}[/ATTACH]

The "sticky" threads are taking up over half of the "military aviation" forum for page 1 (Fixed over the last few minutes)

Attachments

Member for

24 years 2 months

Lets give it a chance - if as Webby says, it is being re-indexed at the moment, it will take a while to sort itself out.

Member for

16 years 5 months

I have just realized that my avatar does not show up when I posted my last reply to this forum, yet it does show up on my account home page. Could you please sort this out.

I have had to go to a avatar site and get a new avatar to solve this problem.

Member for

18 years 10 months

24hours? it's been 3 days. It's all screwed up.

Member for

11 years 11 months

Perhaps someone from Key Publishing would like to come on here and explain why they think this is an improvement.

Member for

14 years

I think we should give them a chance to get it sorted, rather than complaining. After all visiting this forum is not compulsory.

Member for

14 years 7 months

I'll add my vote to return to the old forum layout - this one is a total waste of space

Member for

11 years 10 months

The white space either side of the content is completely wasted. How can that be an improvement?

Member for

9 years 6 months

Duxford Diary: I don't want to have to scroll through over 1200 entries to see the latest photos.

How can we get to the active end of the thread with one click?

Member for

14 years 1 month

I really don't like this new platform. However, Key host it for us at no charge to us, it's their bat and ball, and if they want to mess with it then that's their prerogative.

Member for

14 years 7 months

Please! Less sticky notes on top. Take the Modern Aviation section. 6 sticky notes wich take up more than a third of the messages.on that page

Member for

13 years

Why is that members get so upset when a forum's format is changed? There were faults with the old format too, it is just that we became familiar with them.

One for consideration by admin/programmers: With a broad view of aviation, and a regular site visitor I always use 'recent posts' to view the activity across all forums, selecting the threads I wish to visit across the whole range of forum interests. While 'latest activity' is still available with an abbreviated version of a post, I like to have not only the latest post at the end of the thread page, but also the ability to look back at the context to that latest post - especially on 'fast moving' threads.

Also, although likely only a temporary 'glitch', when I log in (using the favourites bar) I now get the 'Search' page, not a site entry page. Solution could be in my hands to change the url on my favourites bar.

Member for

7 years 3 months

We are still working on the styling currently. The site had to be upgraded to the latest version for technical reasons and unfortunately the re-index of the database took all weekend and didn't complete till the early hours of this morning.