Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we have the old forum back

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trumper
    Rank 5 Registered User

Can we have the old forum back

I don't know whether this is a temporary page but this is slow loading ,not an improvement in looks or function
  • jamesm
    Administrator

The forums may be slower loading for the next 24 hours as the site is currently re-indexing its database.

Comment

• Old Towzer
      Rank 2 Registered User

Likewise, can we have the old forum back!! Please.....Really don't like the new look one bit!!

Comment

• Planemike
        Rank 5 Registered User

Neither do I...............!!!

Comment

• T J Johansen
          Considerate hitman

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!!!"

Jules Winnfield 1994

Comment

• ClanWarrior
            Rank 5 Registered User

Feeling a bit wary about the new forum, but I suppose in the long run I will get used to it.

Comment

• Sopwith
              Rank 5 Registered User

No I am not too keen on it either, it is pretty weird .

Comment

• SpudmanWP
                Rank 5 Registered User

Too much "white space"

Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-08-31 08_57_21-Can we have the old forum back - Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums.png Views:	1 Size:	67.2 KB ID:	3834599

Image sizing issues. At max zoom out, this pic still cannot fit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-08-31 09_09_14-The 'JUST A NICE PIC...' thread - Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	3834603

The "sticky" threads are taking up over half of the "military aviation" forum for page 1 (Fixed over the last few minutes)
                Last edited by SpudmanWP; 31st August 2018, 16:12.
                "The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Comment

• Bruce
                  Independent analyst

Lets give it a chance - if as Webby says, it is being re-indexed at the moment, it will take a while to sort itself out.

Comment

• ClanWarrior
                    Rank 5 Registered User

I have just realized that my avatar does not show up when I posted my last reply to this forum, yet it does show up on my account home page. Could you please sort this out.

I have had to go to a avatar site and get a new avatar to solve this problem.
                    Last edited by ClanWarrior; 31st August 2018, 16:06.

Comment

• ZRX61
                      Rank 5 Registered User

24hours? it's been 3 days. It's all screwed up.
                      If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

Comment

• Sideslip
                        Rank 5 Registered User

Perhaps someone from Key Publishing would like to come on here and explain why they think this is an improvement.
                        Work! You don't know what work is. When I was a boy...

Comment

• ~Alan~
                          Rank 5 Registered User

I think we should give them a chance to get it sorted, rather than complaining. After all visiting this forum is not compulsory.
                          Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

• Goldilocks
                            Rank 5 Registered User

I'll add my vote to return to the old forum layout - this one is a total waste of space

Comment

• AndyY
                              Rank 5 Registered User

The white space either side of the content is completely wasted. How can that be an improvement?

Comment

• STORMBIRD262
                                Wanabee 262 pilot

I do not like it
                                Cheer's all far and WIDE!! , Tally Ho from Phil in Oz!

WHAT GOE'S UP MUST COME DOWN

Comment

• Old Stager
                                  Rank 5 Registered User

Duxford Diary: I don't want to have to scroll through over 1200 entries to see the latest photos.

How can we get to the active end of the thread with one click?

Comment

• Blue_2
                                    Meteor spanner monkey...

I really don't like this new platform. However, Key host it for us at no charge to us, it's their bat and ball, and if they want to mess with it then that's their prerogative.
                                    Restoring Meteor NF.14 WS788, one rusty nail at a time...

Comment

• Gerard
                                      Rank 5 Registered User

Please! Less sticky notes on top. Take the Modern Aviation section. 6 sticky notes wich take up more than a third of the messages.on that page
                                      For Roundels of the World: http://www.drareg.nl/Markeringen/index.html or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/481843655359127/

Comment

• viscount
                                        Rank 5 Registered User

Why is that members get so upset when a forum's format is changed? There were faults with the old format too, it is just that we became familiar with them.

One for consideration by admin/programmers: With a broad view of aviation, and a regular site visitor I always use 'recent posts' to view the activity across all forums, selecting the threads I wish to visit across the whole range of forum interests. While 'latest activity' is still available with an abbreviated version of a post, I like to have not only the latest post at the end of the thread page, but also the ability to look back at the context to that latest post - especially on 'fast moving' threads.

Also, although likely only a temporary 'glitch', when I log in (using the favourites bar) I now get the 'Search' page, not a site entry page. Solution could be in my hands to change the url on my favourites bar.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                        X