Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help me!!! fsx with a pc or x-plane with mac

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chuck Waggon
    • Oct 2009

help me!!! fsx with a pc or x-plane with mac

hi im thinkin about getting a new computer can someone help i love flying so i do like a spot of flight sim i herd about x-plane for mac is this good? if i got that does anybody know which mac book pro it would work on???? or i could go down the old pc route and get fsx again what set up would i need not for it to stall on me etc... if anyone has any advice or guidence for me with this it would be much apreciated.

cheers
  • 'lectra
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Feb 2005

Hi,

The current Macbook and Macbook Pro will run both sims pretty well. I'm a recent Mac convert and a big fan of X-Plane. To run FS-X on a Mac you would need to use the bootcamp software (which comes as part of OSX) to install Windows on a seperate partition. If you don't want to install another operating system then X-Plane is your only option to sim on a Mac.

Both sims have pros and cons, FS-X is graphically superior, X-Plane has (in my opinion) a nicer feel to the flight model and smoother guages but doesn't look as pretty. The only thing I miss on my mac is native support for my Track IR head tracker.

Have fun!

Bruce

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
    X