Road Traffic on FSX

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 1 month

On a low level flight(FSX) the other day I noticed that road traffic was crossing fields.

Could anyone tell if this is the norm or have I added something that caused this?.

bsmyth

Original post

Member for

17 years 2 months

Unfortunately, the makers of FSX do have a terrible habit of putting roads in the wrong places. Actually, airports too if you get photographic scenery at any time but that does improve the road placements. Also, with that scenery you can get addons that provide traffic on minor roads too and addons with flattens that take out the cliffs the bad placements of the airport perimiters create.

Sounds awful, but its quite good really and so much more realistic that the basic FSX.

Have you also noticed that they make even motorways look like farm tracks that tractors have driven over?

John Y

Member for

17 years 1 month

road traffic

Thanks for your reply. Can you give me a list of these progs. I am disabled and spend a lot ot time with FSX. I hate flying into lba and be faced with this crazy escarpment. It bears a simularty to MSTS, where all the tracks seem to be built on embankments.

Look forward to your reply.

bsmyth

Member for

17 years 2 months

Hi Bsmyth

It sounds as if you already have photographic scenery and probably not Horizon's.

If that's the case, I imagine your supplier has a forum which contains information about the flattens you need to get rid of the escarpments.

Additionally, UK2000 have just issued a whole wad of airports in the south of England (72 I think) which are being supplied direct or through Horizon. It's compatible with the Horizon scenery but I'm not sure if it can be used with FSX only or indeed with alternative photographic scenery suppliers.

You can get onto Both Horizon and UK2000 scenery by tapping in their names in your Google search.

Let me know how you get on.

John