Microsoft Download - Weather Reporting Tool

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 2 months

Information Please.

I've been flying using real world weather which gives me details of the weather in the area I'm flying so what's the advantage of this?

John Y

Original post

Member for

19 years 5 months

HI John,

I have been flying at times using real weather from departure airports. The only advantage of it is that your computer is updated (provided your comp is connected to the internet) with real weather conditions from Jeppessen.

THis real weather condition is updated every 15 minutes and you get to take off in conditions that are as realistic as you want to be. Perhaps the one advantage you can have is to virtually fly into real world weather patterns on your computer - and be tested for ever changing ones at that.

Cheers & Happy Landings,
Dandpatta

Information Please.

I've been flying using real world weather which gives me details of the weather in the area I'm flying so what's the advantage of this?

John Y

Member for

17 years 2 months

Hi Dandpatta

:confused: Yes, well the real world weather I'm using from both FSX and, only occasionally now, FS9 gives me exactly that and is updated every 15 minutes, so what's different?

I really can't see the point of this one unless its been launched for use by people who haven't got these two programs but frankly I don't think Microsoft are that altruistic.:dev2:

I must say though that I like using RWW. Strangely, it seems to help frame rates a bit although why it should I have no idea unless it helps spread the load for the processor.

Anyway, I don't think I'll bother with this RWW. It caught my eye, that was all and I wondered what it might be used for.:cool:

Best wishes mate. Thanks for replying. For some time it looked as if no-one was interested and I wasn't going to get a reaction at all.:D

John