Creating Timetables

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 6 months

First of all, this is for my virtual airline, which is why this is posted in here and not in the Commercial Aviation forum.

I'm just curious as to how airlines come up with flight timetables? I know there are several things involved, but since this is virtual, things like slot availability don't matter. What I'm interested in is:

1) Turnaround time
What is the shortest possible turnaround times for the following aircraft, for a full service carrier?:
> Airbus A330-243
> Airbus A321-231
> Airbus A320-232
> Airbus A319-132
> Embraer 190LR
> Embraer 170LR

2) Business timings
I know that business routes such as UK-LHR services, depart between 06:00-06:30 first thing on a morning, so when do they depart/arrive during the day and at night? Also, transatlantic services have a habbit of all going and coming at once don't they? They all tend to arrive early-mid afternoon in the UK don't they?

I think that's everything for now.

Regards.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

If you are after shortest turnaround times, then definitely look into the schedules of Asian carriers as they tend to use larger aircraft than those airlines closer to home. In particular, Thai Airways uses 747s on its Bangkok to Phuket route and the aircraft is turned around in just 70 minutes. Similarly, Asiana Airlines operates 747s on its Seoul to Tokyo (Narita) route. This is turned around in 80 minutes.

Whilst you didn't ask for turnaround times of a 747, this is currently (until tomorrow anyway) the largest passenger aircraft in service. If a 747 can be turned around in such a short space of time, then the turnaround time for something smaller, whether an A330 or A320, could be a lot shorter.