Joystick and Rudder Pedals Help

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 6 months

Hi there,

I´m finding it hard to take a decision in what to buy. I´m going to buy a joystick, throttle and rudder pedals but I would like to hear some opinions from you guys. The joysticks that I´m in doubt are:

-Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar

-Saitek X52 Pro Flight System (Stick and Throttle)

-CH Fighterstick

-CH Pro Throttle

I´m looking to buy the best but all of theses seem very good joysticks by the reviews I read. Should I buy a Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar and apply a CH Pro Throttle to it? Or should I buy both CH products. Or is the Saitek stick and throttle the best? I´m really in need of help of experienced users and owners on these joysticks.

The other question I have is: Which rudder pedals should I buy?

-Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

-CH Pro Pedals

Do any of these work well with any joystick that I mensioned above? Which are the best? I´ve noticed that all CH products mensioned are more expensive than the rest, but Is it worth it? Or are the others so good as CH but a bit more cheaper?

I appreciate all comments and thank you for reading my topic,

Cheers,

Roger

Original post

Member for

16 years 6 months

Can anyone please help me out with this issue?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Roger Santos

Member for

23 years 8 months

I dont have much experience of Thrustmaster, but if I had to choose between tha CH and Saitek controller I would go for the X52 as it both feels more substantial and has more features.

Similarly in my opinion the Saitek Pro pedals both look and feel better than the CH pedals. The Saitek unit also has a friction a friction knob to adjust the weight of the pedals.

Hope this helps

Member for

16 years 6 months

Thank you very much for your reply Webmaster. From what I´ve read in reviews, I agree totally with you. Although I´ve never tried out any of the products I mentioned. Unfortunately, there aren´t any shops here in my hometown that have those products, so I have to follow in some sort of way what reviews and experienced users say.

The only aspect that was making me want to go for Thrustmaster´s HOTAS Cougar is it´s aesthetics: F16. But I´ve heard and read that it has a very heavy spring, which tires your arm after a while.

Thank you, once again, for your help,

Cheers,

Roger Santos