FS2004 help

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 7 months

Is it necessary to have DISK 4 in the PC to run FS2004. or is there a FIX that can be downloaded to correct this ;)

Original post

Member for

17 years 4 months

I always have the disk in, if u do manage to find a crack for it, let me know :D Bex

Member for

17 years 4 months

Excellent, thanks for that Paul :D Bex

Member for

20 years 6 months

no probs, enjoy:cool:

Member for

17 years 1 month

No disk operation for FS9

Hi guys

I wouldn't mind having a go at this but I have a problem. I know nothing about the internal workings of a computer and wouldn't know where to start to find a 'root' file whatever that is.

If you could explain please how I remove one I would be grateful or does that come with the download?

Oh, and since my FS9 is loaded in the same folder as FSX and all the files seem intermingled, would the downloading muck up the FSX or my Horizon VFR Generation X scenery etc?

Best wishes from a computer illiterate.

John Y

Member for

17 years 4 months

John,

The "Root" file is the main FS2004 folder on your hard drive, and I dont think it will interfer with your FSX install as the file that is replaced is an FS2004 specific file.

What I do need to know is this: Is your FLight Sim install on your C: drive (IE main or WIndows Hard Drive) or like me, do u have it on its own hard drive.

Bex

Member for

17 years 1 month

Hi Bex

Sorry I've taken so long to reply. Holiday.

Thanks for the information. I see, a 'root' file is a folder described by a computer expert and a 'folder' is the same thing but used by all us others!!!:confused: :D :rolleyes:

This is what I've got. I've my main Flight Sim installation on a separate 120GB 'D' disk but on recommendation from Horizon, I've the VFR Real Scenery included on a third 250 GB disk that I also use for back up. All three disks are internal, but I do have another 250GB Maxtor external drive which also backs up my records and my quite vast store of photographs.

You can see I believe in 'safety first' but does this answer your question?

Best wishes

John Y

Member for

17 years 4 months

Hi John,

No prob, Ive been away too LoL from what I can see, then, using "My Computer" open your "D" disk then look for the FS install, normally along the lines of "Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator9" hopefully that should point u in the right direction.

Bex

Member for

17 years 1 month

Thanks mate. I'll try that but it'll have to be a bit later.

I've been struggling with new Horizon VFR scenery and have only just got it working properly. Now I've got to sort all the scenery library out so it comes into some semblance of the order I started with and that's going to take time!!

And please don't ask why the files got into such a mess. It's a really long and boring story. All I'll say is, if you haven't already got VFR Scenery and feel the need to have it, then for goodness sake put it on a different disk to the one with FSX and make sure you put it on the disk you're definitely going to keep it on to start with!!;)

I'll get back to you when I've got the 'no disk' FS9 job done.

Best wishes

John Y

Member for

17 years 4 months

John,

Sounds like youre having fun LoL I havent got FSX as my PC would probably explode and all my add ons are FS9 and Ive just got the hang of it LoL

You know where I am if ya get stuck

Bex