Runway visibilty problems

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 2 months

Help is needed please.

I'm ok when landing the smaller aircraft but due to the instrument panel and nose with the larger machines and jets I have difficulty in seeing the runway.

The so called 'raised seat' facility only provides a greater view of the sky both with the 2D cockpits and virtual.

I know I could start the glide slope later and come in at a steeper angle but that results in too high speeds to put on flaps and lower the wheels.

Any tips you experienced pilots can give me will be gratefully received please.

John Y

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

What I do on approach is to press "W" so that the panel is no longer visible, allowing perfect views of the runway ahead. You can then press and hold "0" (zero) on the number pad to quickly view the panel as and when you need to, so you can see your altitude, airspeed etc.

Member for

17 years 2 months

Runway visibility

Thanks for this. I had thought of doing that but isn't it cheating? Or does everyone do it?

What we really need is a 'lean forward' key, or as part of the views when pressing 'W'.

John Y

Member for

20 years 8 months

John is this FS2004 or FSX?

For FS2004 holding CTRL and pressing Enter will move your view downwards so you can "see over the cockpit", and holding ALT and pressing DELETE will move it back up

Standby for the FSX keys, I have to boot it up

Member for

20 years 8 months

Hold down CTRL and then hold down Q John to move down, to move up it's CTRL SHIFT Q

Hope this helps

Dean

Member for

17 years 2 months

Seeing runways

Dean

I might have known you would come up with the answer. A million thanks mate

Best wishes. How did you get on with your test by the way?

John Y

Member for

20 years 8 months

Hi John

Always a pleasure mate, glad to help

I got a First Time Pass mate so I am over the moon, all the hard work has paid off, now all I need to do is land a job with an airline ;)

Dean

Member for

17 years 2 months

Runway visibility

Hi Dean

That really is good news - congratulations.

Don't get a job with an airline. It means you'll have to work for a living and you won't have time to help people like me!

Wish you well

John Y