Wonder if anyone could help

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 2 months

So my flight simulator won't load and it also wont let me uninstall it ( the screen wont come up ) I'm really confused about it. does anyone know what I could try?, any ideas are greatfully accepted. Thanks :)

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

To uninstall Flight Simulator, go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games and delete the folder named "Flight Simulator 9".

Member for

18 years 9 months

To uninstall Flight Simulator, go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games and delete the folder named "Flight Simulator 9".

I don't know if that's the recommended uninstallation procedure - but if nopt I wouldn't do it - it still leaves all the information in the registry which can confuse the computer if it's reinstalled.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Why not just use the "Add and Remove Programs" from windows itself?

Member for

17 years 7 months

If you really can't get rid of it any other way, then the rather extreme folder delete should work, but remember there are other folders, too, such as the Flight Simulator Files in My Documents.
The registry can be cleaned out afterwards with Easy Cleaner. If you don't do that, a fresh install probably won't take.
Mind you, before rushing into this I'd wait a day or two to allow time for people who know more than I do to warn you against what I've just suggested.

Member for

18 years 2 months

Why not just use the "Add and Remove Programs" from windows itself?

Tried - doesn't work

Member for

19 years 1 month

What happens when you put your FS2004 disc in the PC ? Does it autorun ?

I'd suggest a reinstall over the existing install (ie on the same location) and then try and remove it. Hopefully that should remove all trace of both installs
you may need to manually remove any files relating to add ons.

As an aside it's highly unlikley that your flight sim installed has become corrupted on its own. You should always make changes to flight sim carefully and one at a time, it is easy to get carried away and even the most experianced users can get into difficulty.

Bruce