How to change AI traffic?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

I'm using ProjectAI traffic in Flight Simulator 2004, but I've not got any easyJet A319s in my skies nor any Virgin Atlantic A340-600s! And what's even more annoying is that just about every British Airways aircraft still has a world tail on it. :confused:

How do I update my traffic?

Original post

Member for

20 years 8 months

can be quite hard to understand and explain, but here goes.

for the easyjet a319

first, you want to go and download the new aircraft that you want to insert. go to http://www.projectai.com/libraries/repaints.php?ac=3&cat=6 and find the easyjet a319. the last of the 3 easyjet aircraft is what you want. downlaod it into the PAI aircraft folder for the A319 (i think that there are multiple PAI a319 folders - make sure you put it into the right one. it needs to go into the PAI A319v2 folder)

then, add the aircraft into that folder just as you would with any new aircraft. into the 'title' bit of the aircraft.cfg for the new aircraft put

PAI A319V2 EZY

and make sure that the rest of aircraft.cfg entry is good and as it should be, with the entries like model and sim match the other aircraft in the list.

you need 'Ttools', im assuming you have it. decompile your traffic file, and once that is done, open up the 'aircraft_PAI' file and look for something in the list that looks like this:

AC#2261,430,"PAI B737 EZY"
AC#2262,430,"PAI B737 EZY"
AC#2263,430,"PAI B733 EZY"

change one of entries that are inside the " " to PAI A319V2 EZY.

your list should now look like this:

AC#2261,430,"PAI A319V2 EZY"
AC#2262,430,"PAI B737 EZY"
AC#2263,430,"PAI B733 EZY"

save the file, and recompile the traffic folder - make sure that you do this bit.

if everything in the aircraft.cfg file is as it should be, and the textures are installed correctly, then it should be ok. you will now see some of easyjets filghts flown by A319s. i can't, by doing it this way, make it accurate - i.e. you may find situations where A319s are operating out of an easyjet base, where in real life they are operated by 737s, but there you go - you'll have to look out for new PAI packages or other downloads that get the aircraft and timetables correct.

voila.

you should be able to apply the same technique to replace the world tails with the Union Jack livery.

to introduce A340-600s into the Virgin fleet, its a bit harder. here goes.

downlaod the aircraft and install it - you may have to download and install a brand new a340-600 aircraft if no other PAI package has added it already,

in the new aircraft.cfg file for your A340-600, add the line

PAI A340-600 VIR

into the title line in the aircraft.cfg folder. save it.

now go into the aircraft_PAI file that we created when we decompiled the traffic file earlier. create a new line:

AC#3805,475,"PAI A340-600 VIR"

save the file, remembering the AC#3805 bit. copy this bit, in fact.

now, go into the flightplans_PAI file, also created when we decompiled the traffic file. search for:

AC#3802

you should see quite a few of them.

change a few of the AC#3802 s into AC#3805 s (dont change all of them). save the file, and recompile the traffic folder.

some of the A340 flights will now be operated by virgin A340-600s.

if you want more accuracy, you can replace the entire PAI virgin flight plans with new, more recent ones that will include more accurate flight plans with A340-600s flying the routes. but that is another story.

feel free to ask if you want that story.

i hope that helps :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thanks for that! :)

I tried it, but didn't do it successfully for whatever reason! I didn't see a single easyJet A319 in FS2004. I'm a little tired at the moment, especially after a very early trek to Heathrow this morning to fetch the parents!

I'll have to try it again... :rolleyes: