How?....

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

do you get the airbridge to close in to your plane after taxing to the gate? and get all the vehicles etc to surround you? everytime i taxi to the gate nothing happens :( , it happened once and i thought it looked great...but i cant recall doing anything different that time i taxied to any other :confused: .

Original post

Member for

20 years 8 months

That never happens with default FS gates - true some default FS Airports such as Las Vegas McCarren have some gates (which don't move) and vehicles (which again don't move).

Member for

20 years 8 months

UK2000 British Airports scenery has this feature on some gates at the major airports. all very nice, and cool to watch.

i think other payware packages like World Airports has the feature on some gates as well.

Member for

18 years 6 months

UK2000 British Airports scenery has this feature on some gates at the major airports. all very nice, and cool to watch.

i think other payware packages like World Airports has the feature on some gates as well.

its british airports that im using, i just cant for the life of me get the damn get to attach to my plane :(

Member for

20 years 8 months

ah. which British Airports packages have you got? which areas?

EDIT - go up to a gate - got to be LHR, LGW, MAN, stansted, luton, BHX, EMA, Cardiff, Liverpool - with a red flashing light on the top - indicating an active stand. taxi in, and use the docking board to park in the correct position for your aircraft, and then shut down, and then change the NAV1 frequency on your radio stack by changing it from the active to the standby frequency. enjoy the show

Member for

18 years 6 months

thanx for the info :) yeah ive got a couple versions, pretty sure ive got all those airports installed, ill give it a try later :)

Member for

18 years 6 months

oh and one last thing, will this work on all aircraft? like pmdg etc?

Member for

20 years 8 months

you will be able to park using the docking board in: A340, A330, 777, 747, 767, A320 family, 757, 737 family, md90, CRJ, and ATR, and i guess ERJs as well, but im not sure

it doesn't matter what model u use, - you could park up in a default 747 POSKY 747 or a PMDG 747. u can park up using a LD767 or a Posky 767, u can park up in a PSS 777 or a Meljet 777 - they'll work all the same, no matter who created the model.

in order for the air bridge to line up properly with the aircraft and your main passenger door, u will have to park more or less perfectly. the air bridge uses two height settings - normal (A320, 737 etc), and a/c above a certain height are treated as wide bodied (777, 747, a340, a330 width). the widths and heights of different aircraft types are different, of course, so don't always expect it to work perfectly on all types of aircraft. the catering truck works on the same basis.

the ground vehicles will then surround the aircraft once the catering truck and the air bridge have extended.