Combat Flight Simulator 3 problems

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 8 months

Has anyone experienced any problems when trying to play this?

My copy was working fine yesterday for a good couple of hours, but when I tried it today the PC kept asking me to put the correct disk in the drive. I uninstalled the game, then attempted a reinstall, and when asked to change the disk, I got the same results.

Not impressed - especially when the other flight sims I've got seem to work OK!

:mad:

Original post

Member for

23 years 8 months

Have you patched it?

Member for

20 years 8 months

Nope. Only added JustFlight's Battle of Britain to it.

Member for

24 years 3 months

My advice?

Return disks to packaging

Advertise on E-bay

Some mug will buy it.

Truly Daz, it ain't worth the effort

Moggy

Member for

20 years 8 months

Well, I bought a new copy, and took the old one back to the shop, claiming it was the new one gone duff...! :rolleyes:

Still got my money back! :D

Member for

20 years 11 months

Daz, I've had no problems with CFS3, get it working, go online for some real close combat :D If you don't install the patch you are missing out also.
There are hundreds of free addons and 'hacks', get bored with flying :eek: ; go get a tank or Destroyer. Aircraft are now landable on carriers too(with a download). If you want anything like realistic(!) flight then the aircraft from '1%' www.avhistory.org are well worth trying and a vast improvement on the stock aircraft.

It isn't that bad Moggy!

(edited for picture size)

Attachments

Member for

24 years 3 months

It isn't that bad Moggy!

Can only speak as I find.

If you really enjoy a WW2 combat flight sim where substantial metal bridges can be destroyed with machine guns whilst a huge German fleet ponces around off the IoW in 1944 then it must be just the ticket, as long as you don't get all the stuttering and jerking.

Me?

I'll stick to IL2 thanks

Moggy

Member for

20 years 8 months

Ahhh, now I DID have problems with IL2. After some teething problems with the PC, I had to reinstall it - which it wouldn't do. Even after I bought a second copy, it wouldn't work! :(

Member for

20 years 11 months

Fair do Moggy, as you say 'as you find it'...

I get no problems and good framerates running at 2560*1024 screen res with most of the graphics settings on full, usually get around 25/30fps which is more than enough. I would not even use CFS3 without having the patch installed, it makes so much difference. I rarely use it in anything other than online multiplayer. I do have it fairly heavily modded with extra 'planes and scenery, and effects. I mainly fly missions, which for the most part are based on historical info, just the way I like it.
Your point re the bridges (and stock missions) I accept. It's a great shame that it wasn't more of an update of CFS2, it is rather arcade-like.

Oh, and there are enough variants of Spitfire available to keep even Daz amused for some time!

I can't speak for IL2, since I've never used it, although I may just give it a go soon.