FS2004 / LOMAC

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Since my new computer will actually have a graphics card, I've got a question for you guys in here. With the following specs, will FS2004 and/or LOMAC run?

512MB of 333MHz DDR RAM
2.8 GHz Pentium 4 through an 800 FSB
128MB Mobile ATI RADEON 9700 Pro Graphics card

Any thoughts?

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Why don't you run 3d Mark 03?

It'll be awfully hard to play with a glide pad... :)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Actually, control interface isn't an issue. I have the technology to make that part work :D

My only question is whether the system I have will run them two games or not. I exceed the system requirements for both by a LOT, but you never know. Took me a while to get Flanker 2.0 to cooperate with damn Windows XP last time.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Should be okay, You might need to adjust the graphics to suite but I see no reason you can't run these games on that setup.

Member for

19 years 9 months

There are a few key settings for LOMAC in particular that you will probably need to scale back on to achieve consistently smooth gameplay. In particular, water, haze, lights, mirrors, visibility range and heat blur put a big strain on the gfx card and IMO only newer models such as ATI x800 and nVidia 6800 can run them at top settings.

As with most games, the system requirements quoted are only the bare minimum to get the game to load up! As for realistic settings for smooth gameplay, they are never quoted as users have different expectations.

512Mb is also on the low side now for a gaming rig. It should be OK, but not much room for manoeuver.

A good indicator for LockOn is to download the demo and check your FPS with that. I used the A-10 mission to test various settings on the gfx to get FPS I was happy with that pretty much translated over to the full release. I would comment though that in terms of playability, the full release (and 1.02 patch) are much better than the demo. Just that the demo will give you a decent feel of what you can expect with your setup.

Good luck.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Thanks for the help, guys.

Member for

20 years

I have i gig dual channer and 2800 xp, 128 mb ati radeon pro. And i also have low FPS about 20/30 i guess, but quite playable.I recommend a better card, 6800 nvidia or X800 Ati, and 1 gig ram is the minimum. for the other game it sounds quite acceptable.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Since my new computer will actually have a graphics card, I've got a question for you guys in here. With the following specs, will FS2004 and/or LOMAC run?

512MB of 333MHz DDR RAM

Any thoughts?

For Lomac I think it will and at good graphic levels . This game is more based on processor than video cards from what I read . I have a FX5700LE which is weaker than yours and Im able to run it at maximun levels of quality ( It gives some FPS drops few times but nothing that you get bored except at external views when raining ) . With my car dI was able to do a 16 x 16 dogfight and more 8 SEAD planes and 4 bombers with 8 S300PMU firing at the same time , 4 Awacs and I was downloading 2 files at the same time and the FPS dorped just a few times !! :cool: Anyway your computer is well balanced since its comomon to see epople who byu a 5900 or up card for a P4HT or A64 which do not fully uses the power of such power cards . A waste of money .

Member for

20 years 5 months

Make sure you download for LOMAC the 102 patch otherwise the game is less bearable.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Good one , without the patch 1,02 everytime you pop flares your FPS will drop significantly.

Member for

23 years 8 months

SOC,

I take it that the machine is a laptop as the Graphics chip is a mobile one. You have to remember with laptops that most components are designed with power consumption in mind, as in the lower the better, rather than performance. To this effect a similar specced laptop and desktop will always have the desktop coming out on top. However the 9700 card is a good one, and you should see a half decent fps out of it.

Webby

Member for

24 years 3 months

Yeah it's a laptop. Desktops are kinda hard to cart off on excursions to Baghdad :D I decided this time that I was getting a damn good computer though, not just a portable word processor. My current laptop crapped out recently, and as I have no desktop, preferring the portable route, there you have it.

Member for

24 years 3 months

You could get a Shuttle small form factor pc; they're about as big as a toaster oven, and offer more power than a laptop, and comparable to most desktops.

Member for

20 years 7 months

512MB of 333MHz DDR RAM

Any thoughts?

You should have gone for AMD A64 based laptop. A64 is right now the best CPU for gaming.
You can also visit www.simhq.com for benchmarks.