RAF Vulcan & WWII Carrier Operations Flight Sim Addons

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

23 years 8 months

RAF VULCAN

Available for £17.99 + p&p here

Dangerous Delta The Avro Vulcan’s powerful lines and distinctive shape make it an icon of cold-war aviation. The Vulcan first flew in 1952 and its varied life is shown in RAF Vulcan from the testing of Britain’s nuclear deterrents to its vital role in helping re-capture the Falklands in 1982. Included is period scenery of RAF Cottesmore and even a repaint kit to allow you create your own liveries. Thanks to the tireless efforts of many people and a Heritage Lottery Fund grant, XH558 is due to return to the sky once more, but FS2004/2002 pilots can avoid the wait with RAF Vulcan now!

There are four variants of XH558 included, covering its appearance in 1960, 1970, 1981 and the present day. RAF Vulcan also comes with six other Vulcan examples in different Squadron liveries and with different model variations, including the 2K Tanker variant.

Included aircraft:

• Vulcan B2 XH558 current
  • Vulcan B2 XH558 1960 230 OCU
  • Vulcan B2 XH558 1970 230 OCU
  • Vulcan B2 XH558 1981 27 Sqdn
  • Vulcan B2 XL321 617 Sqdn - Blue Steel nuclear missile
  • Vulcan B2 XL443 Scampton Wing 1969 - Blue Steel nuclear missile
  • Vulcan B2K XH561 50 Sqdn Falklands War air-to-air tanker
  • Vulcan B2 XH537 230 OCU 1960`s Skybolt nuclear missile
  • Vulcan B2 XM597 101 Sqdn Falklands War - Shrike missiles “Black Buck”
  • Vulcan B2 XM612 101 Sqdn 1979

Details, details! Fully detailed virtual cockpit comes with 3D-modelled reflective glass windows, hi-res gauges; animated control stick, rudder pedal and throttle levers plus there’s also a superb 2D panel.

Each variant is accurately modeled to show the correct details of its period and usage. Moving parts include landing gear, flight surfaces, air brakes, engine fans, bomb doors, crew hatch, braking parachute and more…

Fully licensed by the RAF and a proportion of the sale price from RAF Vulcan will be donated to Vulcan To The Sky to help XH558 fly again!

System Requirements

Flight Simulator 2002 or 2004
Windows Me or later. Win XP is recommended
1.4 GHZ Processor
220MB of free disk space for installation
512 MB of Ram Memory
64 Mb Video Ram

Original post

Member for

23 years 8 months

WWII Carrier Operations

WWII CARRIER OPERATIONS

Available for £21.98 + p&p here

The Carrier Operations series continues to challenge the flight sim enthusiast and no less so in this WWII simulation of Carrier-based flight. Take a trip back to the Midway Island during WWII with this impressive collection of historic carrier based aircraft, aboard the authentically detailed USS Enterprise.
Each of the five aircraft is highly detailed with realistic weapons effects. You'll need to maintain your cool when approaching the carrier deck... keep your nose down and throttle up until your tailhook catches the wire!

Exclusive weapons effects
Working arrestor cables
Tail hook
Folding wings
Cowl flaps

Fly all of the following aircraft:

F4U Corsair
F4F-4 Wildcat
F6F-3 Hellcat
TBF - Avenger
SDB-3 Dauntless
USS Enterprise

System Requirements

Flight Simulator 2002 or 2004
Windows Me or later. Win XP is recommended
1.4 GHZ Processor
250MB of free disk space for installation
256 MB of Ram Memory

Member for

24 years 3 months

Must say I have the newer Carrier Ops based on current aircraft and the technology used in both packages (See below) is very good and very realistic so a fighter pilot once posted on another forum!

Working arrestor cables
Tail hook
Folding wings
Cowl flaps

Member for

19 years 1 month

I admit to a bias for the WW2 Carrier Ops package, with a special like on the F6F Hellcat.

The idea behind the project was to have one carrier, and a representation of the US Naval aircraft. Initially, it was going to be the Hornet, but the Enterprise was about the only US carrier that served from the beginning of the war to the end, and on which all the major USN aircraft served at one point or another.

Member for

18 years 9 months

I have bought the WWII Carrier Ops. a few months ago and the custom sound of the Pratt&Whitney R2800 double Wasp Sounds very good.

I would really recommend the Addon for anyone who likes navy planes.

Member for

17 years 7 months

XH558 Add-on

A great addition too the FS scene which apart from the aggravating visual/sound effect it installs across the board works well with good flight dynamics, worth the money I think.