What happened to DID?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 11 months

D.I.D or Digital Image Design were the group that created the EF-2000, F-22 ADF, and TAW (Total Air War) combat flight sims back in the 90's. And they had a website which has long since gone, where I don't know.

Does anyone know what has happened to them? Did they go under or were they bought out by someone?

I still have F-22 ADF and TAW and load them up from time to time, as they are still favourites.

Original post

Member for

20 years 7 months

I think they DID a death. Never mind. They got took over by Rage software who promptly got them to butt bugger the Eurofighter Typhoon simulator (that incidentally got me into computers in 1995) into something nobody liked or wanted. Rage were never interested in simulators and the sequal to Ef2000 and Super EF2000 (Eurofighter Typhoon) was a complete pile of rabbit droppings. I dream that one day they will make a comeback though.

Member for

19 years 11 months

Thanks for the info Phil. Hope they do make a come back. Would love to see a decent combat flight sim on the F-35.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Tornado was cracking! Still fire it up occassionally.

Or that might be DI, can't remember

Member for

20 years 7 months

Thanks for the info Phil. Hope they do make a come back. Would love to see a decent combat flight sim on the F-35.

At least they took Rage with them. I tell you what mate it was a crying shame I loved EF2000 it was the very first flight sim I ever bought and ran it on a 486. I reckon the lads who were DID must still be knocking around the industry. Maybe they could re-do EF2000 except without Rage dragging them down. You never know. What sim do you fly nowadays?

Member for

19 years 11 months

I don't play my stuff as much as I used to, pretty busy with other things. My computer is still old and so my sims are all older WIN95/98 types. Examples are Janes' Longbow 2, MS CFS, and of course DID's F-22 ADF, and TAW. The only ones I have loaded up recently have been F-22 ADF and WWII Fighters from Janes. My two favourites.

Member for

20 years 7 months

So what do you think of Carlo Kopp as a journalist?

Member for

24 years 2 months

I've been meaning to load up comanche v hokum the last few weeks, the dynamic campaigns were brilliant in appache v havoc, not DID but a classic sim.

Member for

19 years 11 months

So what do you think of Carlo Kopp as a journalist?

Fine, as long as he sticks to what he knows. His credibility has taken a dive in recent years with his rather alarmist, and highly unlikely fictional strategic scenarios to try and justify the need for certain big ticket platforms in the Australian Defence Forces. And at the same virtually discrediting the army and the navy as next to useless in defending the nation in war time. He believes the air force CAN do it all! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Member for

19 years 11 months

Will the DID sims run on WIN XP? I surely hope so.... :confused:

Member for

20 years 7 months

Fine, as long as he sticks to what he knows. His credibility has taken a dive in recent years with his rather alarmist, and highly unlikely fictional strategic scenarios to try and justify the need for certain big ticket platforms in the Australian Defence Forces. And at the same virtually discrediting the army and the navy as next to useless in defending the nation in war time. He believes the air force CAN do it all! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That sounds very similar to our own Sue Willets. She thinks that the RAF should be made up of transport aircraft and bombers and all the air to air stuff can be dealt with by our American allies :rolleyes: . Its a bit pathetic for somebody who takes themselves seriously as a defence analyst.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Damien,don't think I ever saw Tornado,is it still available?